“Great views and food, service that goes the extra mile!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
AQUA by El Gaucho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 3,427 restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Broad Street
Description: Seattle's hidden jewel, gorgeous and warmly elegant, AQUA by El Gaucho sparkles at the tip of Pier 70. Walls of glass showcase some of Seattle's finest views of Elliot Bay, Magnolia Bluff, and the Space Needle. The expansive outdoor deck is especially attractive on summer evenings.
San Francisco, California
“Great views and food, service that goes the extra mile!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I visited in Valentine's night, which is typically a tough night at any restaurant. The pace of the meal was perfect, and not too slow. A couple in their restaurant brought their screeching toddler to dinner (fyi, this is not the kind of place to bring a toddler, especially for a late seating on Valentine's night.) The staff did a nice job of trying to discreetly quiet the child, to benefit the other diners, without offending the parents of the child. At one point, I even saw a waiter pick up the child and bounce him up and down in an effort to calm him. It was an impressive way to handle the situation and rude/oblivious parents of the child.

Great reviews all around. Staff was attentive but not overbearing. Food was very good. The crab linguine was great. Views are incredible. Restaurant is pretty large and a little dark, but still a nice ambiance. The wait staff was very knowledgeable about the food and the wine, and really friendly.

Highly recommend this place for a special night out. Will definitely visit again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Go to Restaurant in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I knew this restaurant when it was called Waterfront. It has now changed names but basically it's the same place. We arrived on a cold gloomy night (typical Seattle) and ordered martinis. They were the best martini's we ever had. this bar tender know exactly how to mix a drink and we were very impressed.

Our waiter Marck was excellent. He recommended entrees and when we wanted to change it slightly, he assured us that they could accommodate any food request we had. We ordered the Thai fish stew and the scallops Fettuccine, both were EXCELLENT and worth the price.

In the warm months, the view and seating on the deck would be fantastic. They have a panorama view of Puget sound!

I would definitely return here when I'm in Seattle.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Loved the food, and the service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant with good seafood and we found it! The seafood platter for 2 was incredible, even the best mashed potatoes I have ever had! The service was great, friendly and they let the guest pick the pace they wanted to eat at, not rushed at all. My husband had the bread pudding on the suggestion of the waiter and although he thought he was full he managed to eat the whole thing it was so good. The prices are not for most people's everyday meal, but for a special occasion I would highly recommend Aqua. They also offered us the shuttle when we left, so no waiting for a taxi, which was a very nice touch.

Connecticut
“excellent food, ambiance needs some work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I had this as a final note, but since it was a first impression, it should be first. A quick note about the first impression. (I hope management reads this portion). What an absolutely disastrous first impression! We walked through the first set of double doors into dimly lit foyer. Scattered about were chairs lining the wall, in some places two or three deep, and then large padded double doors leading into the restaurant. I felt like we were in a storage closest. For a restaurant of this caliber, what an eyesore to start out the night....fix it!

If you get the right table, this is a very good restaurant. We started out with a window table for 4. We lasted at that table for about 30 seconds. Several tables along the windows have dreadful lighting. We simply moved over a table toward the middle and the experience was far better. (to give you an idea, two couples took the table after we did and they used pen lights to read the menu. If THAT doesn't clue management in on the lighting issue, I don't know what will)

Great selection of seafood. The swordfish was the best I ever had as I normally do not eat swordfish since I am not a fan of swordfish (or salmon) steaks. This was a wonderful fillet.

The usual appetizers of tuna tartare and shrimp cocktail were good. The dark chocolate ganache was very good. It's rich enough to share with a few people.

I would recommend Aqua. Just don't be afraid to go far a better table.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Sorry....not a good experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Annual night out with a group of friends that I look forward to all year. We've tried a different new to the scene eatery each year. This was a very big disappointment. The atmosphere was weak- it really feels like a waterfront pier warehouse that they have rolled out some carpet and slapped a coat of paint on the walls, hung some out of place light fixtures in and branded it cool, But it isn't. The then the food. Ridiculously over priced and the portions are obscenely large. The beet salad was a layer of beets and a bunch or arugula which was over dressed. That is it. The New York strip I ordered was so over salted that I could not taste the meat, and it was so tough that after a few bites I gave up. The service was cursory - very little attention. All in all a disappointing and expensive waste of an evening out. At least the company was good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
El Gaucho S, General Manager at AQUA by El Gaucho, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Hello Nate,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review AQUA by El Gaucho. I am so disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience. I have passed along your feedback regarding the beet salad and New York steak to our Evecutive Chef, Steve Cain. He is currently reviewing both the preparation and mix of ingredients, and thanks you for your comments.
While we feel as if AQUA boasts a beautiful atmosphere and unbelievable interior, certainly we take your feelings to heart, and again thank you for taking the time to share them.
You certainly do not owe it to us Nate, but should you decide to return to AQUA, please reach out to me directly. I'd love to have a chance to make this right.
Cheers,