“I don't think the health depatment is doing their job” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bruno's

Bruno's
1417 3rd Ave., Seattle, WA 98101 (Downtown)
(206) 622-3180
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,197 of 3,427 restaurants in Seattle
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Washington
“I don't think the health depatment is doing their job”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Wouldn' t recommend this restaurant to my worst enemy! Not sure how this place squeaks by the strict regulations of the health department, maybe they're are grandfathered in with post WW1 codes or something.
My girlfriend is super sick, and we shouldn't have ignored the obvious warnings of a bad restaurant, #1 no guests at dinner time, #2 the feeling of rats stalking you from weird crevaces, #3 a bottle of watered down dishsoap in the bathroom for washing your hands, classy, [--] the [--] place was nasty!
Definately calling the health dept. after I'm done posting this, sorry for the people who work there and will lose their jobs.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Seattle, WA
“Bruno's is Original Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

I have lived in Seattle my whole life, and eat at bruno's regularly before I go to Benaroya Hall. I love it. Sure it is quaint, and sure it is a throw back, but the food is cheap, the calzones are great, and the drinks are the best deal in the city. It's a dive and I love it. It reminds me of old Seattle before grunge was cool and all of California relocated. And Bruno is a doll!

Seattle
“Food Poisoning-Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

Beware careful!!
We had the special of the day "chicken and spaghetti ".
Later we got something "special" namely stomach cramps, nausea and diarrhea. It was miserable! We are still trying to recover today.
The menu has a lot of variety and the owner was nice but the food poisoning trumps everything else.