“We are very far from Mexico, after all” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mama's Mexican Kitchen

Mama's Mexican Kitchen
2234 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98121-2017 (Belltown)
206-728-6262
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #422 of 3,563 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Mexican, Vegetarian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belltown
Victoria, Canada
“We are very far from Mexico, after all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I tried the burrito and my wife tried the enchilada. The burrito was really giant but the enchilada tasted better. This is not really good mexican, but considering how far north we are I consider it almost acceptable: it certainly was filling (lots of cheese). I suspect some dishes might be microwaved.

The service was not great: it looked like servers really did not care. We would have liked a dessert but nobody asked us, they just brought us the check.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bellingham, Washington
“Good but not outstanding!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went with some friends who love the place, but had read some the of the mixed reviews so was not sure what to expect. Food was good. Not the best Mexican I have had but still tasty. Ordered fajitas which were good and had lots of veggies. Tortillas were very good. Margaritas not so much. I would've expected far more from a $7 Margarita in a pint glass. Asked for it blended and it came very watery and really had no flavor. Service was very good. Would I go back? Yes, but would not order the Margarita.

Visited July 2013
Seattle
“Mammas Mexican kitchen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Sorry mamma...... But your salsa is watery... Your chips are stale..... And your food is BLAND. Super bland actually . I think this restaurant has slowly over time forgot about "Mexican food" and have been solely relying on the "theme" they have in the restaurant. BLAND

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Belltown Mexican Restaurant Good Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in Seattle for a mixed doubles tennis tournament and decided to meet up with our teammates for dinner. Our teammates were staying in Belltown and highly recommended Mama's for their great food and drinks. My wife and I arrived about 30 minutes before the rest of our party. We enjoyed a Mama's Cuervo Margarita and their complimentary chips and salsa. We were a little disappointed in the presentation of the margarita as it came in a pounder glass which is usually used to serve beer. The margarita was average at best. The salsa was delicious and the waiters were excellent at making sure we were continually stocked with chips and salsa.

My wife and I decided to split an order of chicken fajitas. The flour tortillas were delicious and appeared to be homemade. They do charge you .75 for extra tortillas. We were very pleased with our fajitas. There was more than enough food for my wife and I to split. Other meals ordered at our table were a pork in green sauce, shrimp quesadillas and steak fajitas. Everyone enjoyed their meals and had more than enough food.

We will definitely go back to Mama's for some good o'l Mexican food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Great authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! This is the great Mexican food that is hard to find outside of the Arizona, Socal or Mexico. Great for at a great price how can you go wrong. They have a nice patio to sit on if you stop by on a nice day as well.

• Visited June 2013