“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Assaggio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 3,439 restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Virginia
Description: Pamper your soul with the sensual pleasures of fine Italian wine and food while you marvel at the Michelangelo-inspired artwork.
Seattle
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is my all time favorite Italian Restaurant. I love the food, the wait staff and the owner. I have never had a bad meal or bad service here. It is obvious that the food is made with love and served to you like he would serve his own family. The dining room is adorable. I highly suggest you eat here!

80% Recommend
Whistler
“great service, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Had an excellent dinner here recently with a friend. Service was great, the server had excellent knowledge of the menu,specials and wine. my friend had the seafood rissotto and i had ravioli. both were excellent. also had a lovely salad that i cant remember the makeup of for a starter. we talked about returning here when we came back through again. would definitely recommend. prices are definitely reasonable compared to other restaurants nearby as well. we ate on the patio which is right on the sidewalk seperated by a low fence... would be great for a romantic dinner inside as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
seattle, wa
“We'll be back for the hugs and the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Great, great food. DH had a beef tip risotto which was delightful and I had a seafood pasta with huge scallops, prawns, and crab with a touch of saffron in the creamiest, dreamiest white sauce ever. The 'pop' of fresh green peas was an added plus
The service was so so from our waitress. When I send a coffee cup back because of a crack that goes thru the cup, I don't expect any 'lip' that tells me that it's just a line (not a crack) because of the dishwasher. The other wait staff seemed prompt and responsive to their customers; ours must have been having a bad day.
We had reservations for 5:15 and by 6:00pm (Saturday evening) it appeared that every table was full. Make reservations is the hint here.
We'll be back for some fantastic Italian specials in the future. Thank you, thank you.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrence, KS
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

Great staff, they really make you feel welcome. I had the special, which was a seafood risotto in squid ink, that had been recommended by my server, the scallops in the dish were cooked perfectly. The only bad thing that could be said about the dish is that it maybe had a disproportionate amount of shrimp, there might have been too much for my taste. This is not a terrible problem to have. Great service, great room, great drinks, great prices. You can tell why this place is busy and has a great energy about it.

“Excellent food, wonderful owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

My husband and I had a great meal at this restaurant and the helpful owner picked a wonderful bottle of wine for us within our price requirements. We spend a month every year in Europe and this restaurant felt like an authentic European, owner run establishment-not surprising considering the owner is from northern Italy. Our server apologized that it was his first night on the job but even he was attentive without being intrusive. At the end of the evening the owner stopped us to make sure we had an enjoyable evening. When we return to Seattle, this will be our first choice among restaurants. Meal including wine was $115 and we shared an appetizer and a dessert and each enjoyed a main course.

• 4 of 5 stars Food