“Steak and Good Cocktails” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,487 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marion
Transit: Second Ave & Marion: MT 131-O, MT 132-O, MT 134-O, MT 143-I, MT 152-O, MT 157-I, MT 158-I, MT 158-O, MT 159-I, MT 159-O MT 161-I, MT 162-I, MT 162-O, MT 170-O, MT 174-O, MT 175-I, MT 175-O, MT 177-O, MT 179-I, MT 179-O MT 19-I, MT 190-O, MT 191-O, MT 192-I, MT 192-O, MT 194-O, MT 196-O, MT 21-I,
Newberg, OR
“Steak and Good Cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

When I go to Seattle for a Seahawk game......I always hit the "Met". It's just a top quality steakhouse. Every city has a few good steak houses and this one is Seattle's. they also poor a proper cocktail and their service is top notch. Great location as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Was satisfied, but not over the top great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband wanted to make our last night in Seattle special. A salesman at Nordstrom recommended this to us as well as our hotel concierge. It is in a good location, safe surroundings. I am a vegetarian (although I occasionally eat seafood), and found the menu to be pleasantly accommodating. When we walked in, there were many framed pictures of celebrities whom have eaten here. We were seated promptly, the place was busy. It was a big place, all dark wood throughout. Our waiter was very attentive as well as another man who assisted him with clearing dishes and refilling water. I had the wedge salad and seafood fettuccine. It was very good, but the entree was overwhelming. It was served on a huge plate. I think it would have been more effective if they gave me half the portion and charged ⅔ of the price. It was a huge dish that could have literally fed three people. Although my husband enjoyed his steak, he was more satisfied with Sullivan's.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
wichita
“Best steak ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

OK so I am at the Fairmont Hotel and I saw the Capital Grill and a couple of other steak houses that I have been too in different cities, all very good and consistent. However the concierge says I must try the Met (Metropolitan Grill). So we decide why not.

I have my normal New York Strip, the others tried a flank steak (really) and filet mignon along with some steamed asparagus and mushrooms. As an appetizer we ordered the calamari. I have eaten calamari around the world cooked in a variety of ways. The Met sautes them with peppers and jalapenos. All I can say is WOW. I love hot food so the jalapenos were an excellent complement without being overpowering.

Then the steaks came and mine was melt in your mouth perfectly cooked. My friend's flank steak turned out to be a hit as well. Cut it with a butter knife tender.

We had a bottle of Malbec Catena Cabernet which was easy on the wallet and was an excellent pairing with the steaks.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Michigan
“There Has to be a Better Steak Place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am a fan of prime rib and ordered this item at the Met. I asked for medium which is a pink inside but it came to me totally brown and overdone. There was no flavor and tasted more like roast beef. The au jus was very salty and reminded me of Swanson's beef stock. My son ordered the shrimp and crab fettuccini. The crab was old and rubbery. He hardly touched his meal. The food should be done to perfection for the price they are asking which is extremely expensive. I will definitely look for another steak place when visiting Seattle.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Issaquah, Washington
“Mixed Experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went to the Met with a group of eight to celebrate a significant birthday. We had high expectations, since we have had great meals and service there before. Some of the party experienced the “best steak they had ever had”, while others were disappointed in their meals. Specifically, my wife (the birthday girl) ordered the prime rib which was a disappointment (overcooked and tough). However, my filet was cooked perfectly (but overpriced in my opinion - $62 for an 8 oz.). The service was attentive, but at the same time our waiter was a little full of himself which detracted from our experience. A large Crème Brule was provided for the birthday girl at no charge which we appreciated very much. However, our waiter made a mistake on my bill (after splitting the total between four couples) and doubled my charges, i.e., entered my bill total again on the tip line! His excuse was a “fat finger error”. I have to say I’ve been to hundreds, if not thousands of restaurants all around the world and never experienced that kind of error on my bill. Sure glad I didn’t have too much to drink and caught the error…otherwise, I would have paid a whole lot more than the meal and service was worth. The moral of the story is always check your bill and total before paying, particularly at the Met!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere