“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,542 Restaurants in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marion
Transit: Second Ave & Marion: MT 131-O, MT 132-O, MT 134-O, MT 143-I, MT 152-O, MT 157-I, MT 158-I, MT 158-O, MT 159-I, MT 159-O MT 161-I, MT 162-I, MT 162-O, MT 170-O, MT 174-O, MT 175-I, MT 175-O, MT 177-O, MT 179-I, MT 179-O MT 19-I, MT 190-O, MT 191-O, MT 192-I, MT 192-O, MT 194-O, MT 196-O, MT 21-I,
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had dinner at Metropolitan Grill before shoving off on an Alaska Criuse. First time there. They exceeded our expectations by several orders of magnitude! Great steaks (we think we know; we're from Texas!) and salmon and the waiter was attentive but not intrusive. We'll be back!

Visited June 2013

Auburn, Alabama
“The food was amazing, but pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food was great, The steaks were very juicy and tasty, They have a nice display in the entrance for the different steaks. The service was great, the waiter was very knowledgeable. They have a waiter for meats, wine, and desserts (can ask any question about it). A lot of choices to pick from. We went with a big group, and got to try many appetizers, all of them were very good. The place is very pricey, but it seems like a great place for a date. If visiting Seattle, I strongly recommend coming to this amazing restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada
“go both ways, happy hour in bar, and dinner in resturant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The steak is top drawer...but there is so much more. At least 6 types of Pacific Northwest Oysters, yum. Fresh local greens in our salads, more yum. Fresh Halibut. Or Salmon. Good beer selection. Better wine selection.
Sit at the kitchen "bar". Watch the conductor (Head Chef)lead a busy kitchen that delivers the best. Great service by all.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Merrillville, Indiana
“Don't Miss Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We visited Seattle for the first time in May and happened upon the Metropolitan Grill while walking back to our hotel from Pike's Place Market. It was 4:00 and we were just looking for a drink and a rest. We entered the lobby area and noted the pictures on the walls of the many celebrities and sports stars who have dined there. There is also a glassed steak viewing case, and they definitely looked delish and pricey. The bar was packed with a mix of business attired locals and tennis shoe wearing tourists. The host was tuxedo clad and the bar men wore white jackets. Definitely more upscale than the usual bar, but with a lively and casual feel. I figured a seat was a lost cause, but we were quickly approached by the host who promised to get us a table quickly and it was a short wait for a high top table. Happy Hour is 3:00 to 6:00 and a large selection of appetizers are half price. I had the chicken wings and hubby had the mesquite grilled filet skewers, $6 each during happy hour. The chicken was good, but the filet was excellent. In fact, we ordered a second skewer to share and called it dinner. If we are lucky enough to get to Seattle a second time, we will definitely come here again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sammamish, Washington
“steak dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Best steakhouse in Seattle. It's an experience all of it's own, a meal not to rush through. Take your time, go with great friends and enjoy! Fantastic wine list. Excellent servers.

Visited June 2013