“Favorite special place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 3,088 Restaurants in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marion
Transit: Second Ave & Marion: MT 131-O, MT 132-O, MT 134-O, MT 143-I, MT 152-O, MT 157-I, MT 158-I, MT 158-O, MT 159-I, MT 159-O MT 161-I, MT 162-I, MT 162-O, MT 170-O, MT 174-O, MT 175-I, MT 175-O, MT 177-O, MT 179-I, MT 179-O MT 19-I, MT 190-O, MT 191-O, MT 192-I, MT 192-O, MT 194-O, MT 196-O, MT 21-I,
Seattle, Washington
“Favorite special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We go here each year for special holiday celebration meal, and maybe once or twice more at other times. Always fabulous food, always fabulous service. For traditional steakhouse it cannot be beat.

Visited December 2012

Cary, North Carolina
“Not worth the overall expense”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The quality of the meat is top notch, and if you go and just order a steak, you will probably be satisfied. That being said, the appetizer and sides left something to be desired and we had a couple other issues that I would say took the overall experience down a notch for a place with this kind of price tag and implied ambiance. I ordered Alaskan King Crab legs as an add on to my prime rib and they came out cold and were not completely split for ease of eating. My prime rib came out luke warm, almost cool (I did order it med-rare, but it should have been warm, and on a warm plate). Also, the pace of service was fast. We even told the waitress we were not in a hurry yet our entrees came out while I was still eating my soup. A restaurant of this quality should have better timing of the courses. Who wants to be rushed during a nice dinner (she knew it was a birthday celebration and that we were on vacation) when you are spending hundreds of dollars on food and wine?

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stanwood, Washington
“Good lunches at reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had lunch here April 10th and 12th. My food was great on the 10th and only just fair on the 12th which accounts for the good rather than excellent rating. On both visits they were able to seat us right away despite being very busy. I love the classic feel with the white table clothes, big green velvet seats and linen napkins. The waiters were polite, witty and professional.

On my first visit I had the brie and portabella sandwich and a cup of the baked potato soup. The sandwich came with a huge side of fries which were delicious and the sandwich itself was incredible! The portabella was large and the amout of brie was generous without being overwhelming. The bread it was served on was excellent. The soup was really tasty as well but the sandwich and fries was more than enough food on their own. The soup was $5 and the sandwich was $14. A great deal for location, service and a perfectly done meal.

On the second visit I ordered the philly sandwich. A good philly is hard to come by but I figured since they use a blend of three types of steak it would be amazing. Unfortunately it was not. It lacked any flavor at all and the cheese was just kinda lumped on it. The grilled peppers that came on it were soggy and also flavorless. Really disappointing. The fries were once again good though.

I think they have a really good value for lunch and it is a nice to relax in such a great atmosphere. They were very busy but had no problem getting us in and out all within about an hour and we never had to rush. It is hardly quiet during lunch but I would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Great food, service, expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife, daughter and I visited for dinner. We knew it was going to be expensive and it was but the food was VERY good and generous. We expect the best of service in an establishment like this and were not disappointed. My wife and I had a great conversation and all parts of the meal just flowed smoothly. We had their "Apple Pie" flambé which was enjoyable watching it being prepared and very generous in portion size (my wife and I could not finish it). Recommended.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Always the best service and quality of food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Valentines day dinner was excellent, fifth dinner at the Met.......always excellence. Sat next to Bill and Melinda Gates......dont go there if your on a schedule or a tight budget, but well worth the expense.

• Visited February 2013