“Wonderful meal in a wonderful setting!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pichet

Le Pichet
1933 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98101-1010 (Pike Place Market)
206-256-1499
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pike Place Market
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Wonderful meal in a wonderful setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Cozy restaurant with excellent service and concern for the gluten free person in our party. All four of us had their famous chicken and all thought it was the best chicken dish we had ever experienced. Other highlights were the oysters, the endive + grapefruit salad, and the chocolate/whip cream dessert.

Visited December 2012

Portland, OR, USA
“A hard place to rate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Le Pichet a a combination of some high points and some low points, which makes it hard to rate. But inconsistency is not a good thing at a restaurant, so in the end the rating will be tepid.

Everyone was friendly. The bartender/waiter behind the bar (we sat at the counter) was friendly and conversational without being intrusive, and he managed to answer the same questions and describe the same menu items over and over again to a string of incoming customers without sounding at all bored. He was knowledgble about the food and good wine pairings.

The restaurant is very small, and the path by the counter to the kitchen is a bottleneck. But it was never unpleasantly noisy or rushed feeling. Generally, a pleasant, warm ambiance.

My wife's salad with smoked trout was really good. Hard to improve on. Her onion soup Lyonaise, which she had as an entree, was surprisingly weak. We've had this soup in Lyon and many other places in France, and this was just kind of blah. My house pate of the day was just fine. Not stunning, but tasty. It needed more time out of the refrigerator before it was served. My main course, skirt steak with blue-cheese infused leeks, was tasty, but it was somewhere between cool and cold by the time it arrived after a very long wait between first and second courses, and the beef was chewy even by grass-fed beef standards. We had the chese plate for dessert, with several cheese described only as "from the Pyrenees" as though the Pyrenees can only be found in one country. And it turned out, when we aked, that two were from the Spanish Pyrenees.

The Beaujolais (the only one of the list) was very good, and it managed to pair decently with the variety of foods we ordered.

It they just did a few things better/different, this would be a heck of a place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Poulsbo, Washington
“My "go to" place when I get to the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I eat here as often as I can, and I'm a vegetarian who is very limited by their very French, meat heavy menu, but I just love the ambiance, and the food just feels like love...plus the wine menu is Great! The brioche with their jam of the moment is always spectacular, the yogurt with honey and walnuts is simple but so so delicious, and their staff knows how to make an excellent espresso, even with Caffe Vita, which isn't my favorite coffee.

Visited October 2012
Great Northwest
“One of Seattle'sbest French places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you love snug Parisian bistros, Le Pichet will not disappoint. Lovely wine, lovely house pates, excellent food.

Visited December 2012
Kailua
“Lovely breakfast spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I can't speak to Le Pichet's lunch and dinner service, although I wish I could! My husband and I popped into Le PIchet on our first morning in Seattle. We were tired and hungry but wanted a good breakfast in a nice setting. We are total Francophiles, and Le Pichet was in walking distance, so the decision was easy. The breakfast offerings are limited but excellent. We both had the eggs with ham and gruyere, which were delicious - especially when eaten with a baguette. The restaurant interior is very casual and rather sparse in a charming way. It feels very French. The servers were very lovely young women who were both efficient and unrushed. If we had more time we absolutely would have returned for dinner.

• Visited December 2012