“Matt's in the Market is Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Matt's in the Market

Matt's in the Market
94 Pike St Ste 32, Seattle, WA 98101-2066 (Downtown)
+1 206-467-7909
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 3,126 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st. Ave.
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Matt's in the Market is Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Matt's on July 3rd, 2013. I had the halibut that came with a corn broth that was poured over the halibut at the table. It was delicious and the best halibut I have ever tasted - perfectly cooked. My husband had the 1/2 chicken with a poultry jus that was to die for - my husband soaked the last bits of jus with his spoon - It's that good. The place is small and we didn't have reservations but there was seating at the bar - I would recommend reservations though as I'm sure it can get very busy on the weekends. Friendly staff and good service. Wish I lived in Seattle as I would be going back for more.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our best dining experiences ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Can't say enough about Matt's. outstanding in every way. Very helpful wait staff and sommelier. They even made recommendations for other restaurants. Do not pass up the seafood stew. It's addictive. Can't wait to eat hear again on our next visit to Seattle.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Go hungry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Made a lunch reservation at Matt's based on a recommendation from a friend that travels to Seattle monthly. We both had the halibut sandwich and it was delicious. I really wanted to try the pulled pork sandwich, but with a table right next to the kitchen we had the opportunity to see nearly every dish before ordering and the pork sand was ginormous! So, go hungry because the sandwiches were rather large (lamb burger looked fabulous too) and the side salad was a nice portion.

Visited July 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Delicious Meal from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went here with my husband on a Tuesday. We didn't make reservations, figuring that Tuesday's aren't usually too busy. Well it was full! There are only maybe 20 tables or so, so make a reservation! We got lucky and a reservation cancelled! We sat with a view of the kitchen. A lot of people would want the window view, but we loved watching the masters at work! They literally make everything to order, and being that we love to cook it was awesome to watch them. Plus we got to see all the different dishes.

We ordered the grilled Octopus, it was amazing with homemade kimchi. Then we had the fried duck egg salad. It was also very good, though I might prefer a different green. It has frisee which is a little more bitter than I like. For the main course we had pork tenderloin. My favorite part was the fern fiddleheads! For dessert we had pistachio sorbet. It was a perfect end to the meal!

I really enjoyed the meal and love that they get almost everything from the market. After spending the day in the market it is great to enjoy some of its bounty, prepared by the masters of course!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
“Get a reservation, it's great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We nabbed a same-day 1:30 p.m. lunch reservation, and I'm glad we did because they were packed. We showed up early and had to wait til our time arrived. When it did, it was fantastic. The homemade chips and dip are killer. The pulled pork sandwich will keep you full for a solid 5 hours. Service was top notch. The view was nice, the ambiance fresh and clean and the vibe felt great. A bit pricey for me, but worth it.

Visited May 2013

Been to Matt's in the Market? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Matt's in the Market, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.