“Go hungry!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Matt's in the Market

Matt's in the Market
94 Pike St Ste 32, Seattle, WA 98101-2066 (Downtown)
+1 206-467-7909
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 3,099 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st. Ave.
Chicago, Illinois
“Go hungry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Made a lunch reservation at Matt's based on a recommendation from a friend that travels to Seattle monthly. We both had the halibut sandwich and it was delicious. I really wanted to try the pulled pork sandwich, but with a table right next to the kitchen we had the opportunity to see nearly every dish before ordering and the pork sand was ginormous! So, go hungry because the sandwiches were rather large (lamb burger looked fabulous too) and the side salad was a nice portion.

Visited July 2013

Spokane, Washington
“Delicious Meal from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went here with my husband on a Tuesday. We didn't make reservations, figuring that Tuesday's aren't usually too busy. Well it was full! There are only maybe 20 tables or so, so make a reservation! We got lucky and a reservation cancelled! We sat with a view of the kitchen. A lot of people would want the window view, but we loved watching the masters at work! They literally make everything to order, and being that we love to cook it was awesome to watch them. Plus we got to see all the different dishes.

We ordered the grilled Octopus, it was amazing with homemade kimchi. Then we had the fried duck egg salad. It was also very good, though I might prefer a different green. It has frisee which is a little more bitter than I like. For the main course we had pork tenderloin. My favorite part was the fern fiddleheads! For dessert we had pistachio sorbet. It was a perfect end to the meal!

I really enjoyed the meal and love that they get almost everything from the market. After spending the day in the market it is great to enjoy some of its bounty, prepared by the masters of course!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
“Get a reservation, it's great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We nabbed a same-day 1:30 p.m. lunch reservation, and I'm glad we did because they were packed. We showed up early and had to wait til our time arrived. When it did, it was fantastic. The homemade chips and dip are killer. The pulled pork sandwich will keep you full for a solid 5 hours. Service was top notch. The view was nice, the ambiance fresh and clean and the vibe felt great. A bit pricey for me, but worth it.

Visited May 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Perfect Seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This restarants is pricy, but definitely worth it if you want fresh, local seafood, expertly prepared, in a perfect setting, overlooking Seattles Famous market. I had the halibut and my father had the scallops, they were the best we have ever had! Absolutely worth the splurge!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“This is a CHARMING restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Matt's at the Market overlooks the famous Pike's Place Market and the famous red sign. Be sure to eat here at night as the ambiance is absolutely phenomenal. If I were a guy looking for a place to propose to someone, it would be at this restaurant. I would have loved it if the food had been terrible. The food was NOT terrible. It was good, but nothing phenomenal. My favorite was the wine and cheese plate (which was awesome!). Service was tremendous. I have already recommended Matt's to my Pac NW friends! Suggest they add oysters to the menu!

• 4 of 5 stars Food