“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Matt's in the Market

Matt's in the Market
94 Pike St Ste 32, Seattle, WA 98101-2066 (Downtown)
(206) 467-7909
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 3,427 restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st. Ave.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent food and service. We were seated right next to the open kitchen, at first I wasn't too happy about that, but it turned out to be the best table to watch the cooks prepare the dishes, enjoyed this very much. The decor was urban chic with these great big windows over looking the Market. Staff was very friendly and quick, really enjoyed it. Definately will go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
TEXAS
“Close but no cigar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had been waiting to to try Matt's in the Market ever since I heard about their famed Bloody Marys. We didnt have a reservation but the host was gracious and found room for us. The ambiance is nice very urban with the open kitchen. Its definitely a hipster place.

When our drink order was taken I asked for a diet coke and was informed no diet drinks of any sort are served in the establishment. We then proceeded to look over the menu. As impressed as I had been with lovely online photos I had seen of delicious looking food. The menu descriptions sent me into a state of gastric shock. I love fois gras but to see it on the menu served on monkey bread with a banana. To me it was a horrific concept. My husband found the $48 steak a bit horrific as well. We ended up saying thank you but no thanks and left to eat somewhere else before the show.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The salmon was superb, pulled pork, Cobb salad, seafood chowder and service were just right. After exploring the market with family visiting from out of town we stopped by for a quick bite. We ended up enjoying a leisurely lunch that was great as always. Matt's is one of the most consistent restaurants in Seattle. If you are downtown put it on your list.

Visited April 2013
“Totally enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We just arrived in Seattle so our time frame and hunger factor were a little off but we wanted to try Matt's So glad we did. We ordered oysters, steamed clams and a salad with bread and a glass of wine. We left Matt's full and impressed. Each dish was perfect and the service especially good a lovely first night in a new city.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
New York, NY
“Great find in Pike Place Market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I came here during happy hour, sat at the bar, and was not disappointed. There is a special bar menu which I highly recommend. I tried the oysters, geoduck (local delicacy), and also the perfectly-cooked octopus salad. The cocktail menu was also good: try the cava/campari/bitters drink. Great ambiance. Overall a delightful experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food