“Absolutely Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Matt's in the Market

Matt's in the Market
94 Pike St Ste 32, Seattle, WA 98101-2066 (Downtown)
(206) 467-7909
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 3,425 restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st. Ave.
Fort Worth
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A friend who lives in Seattle recommended Matt's to me on our visit to Seattle. We went twice and the food was perfect each time. On our first visit, my husband, my mother-in-law and I all had different dishes. I cannot remember what they were, but each was perfect. On our second trip, we all did that chef's tasting menu, which as a splurge, but well worth it. I want to go back to Seattle just so that I can have that tasting menu again!

The food is expensive, but the quality is out of this world, so I'd say that everything is fairly priced.

• Visited July 2012

86% Recommend
Muscat, Oman
“hard to find but worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

No outside signage make tracking it down a bit tricky - but we got there! You need to book! The seafood is superb. Great service, excellent wine list and knowledgeable staff. Wish we could have eaten here twice!

Visited March 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Looking for great food at Pike Place Market? This is it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My friend Bruce said this was the place for lunch when visiting the Pike Place Market. The man does not lie. Delicious food in a casual setting. Really fresh seafood, nice portion sizes and a nice wine list by the glass. Upstairs dining room just off the market filled with light. Tip from Bruce: make reservations for lunch. Most folks just wander in and the dining room isn't that big making for long waits.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wayzata
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is outstanding, the view of the market is great, and the service was attentive and accommodating. I know places hate splitting checks for large groups, but they did it for us. Everyone was blown away by the food. And very reasonable considering the location. I think it helps being hidden upstairs with such a small sign to mark its location. Find it!

• Visited February 2013
Genk, Belgium
“great seafood lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We headed over with some friends as this place was recommended by a waiter at John Howie. We where with a group of 12 people and where able to select from the menu a la carte . That alone was great . I ordered some chip and dip as a starter and a sandwich catfish as main course .
Both meals where excellent except for the soup. But anyway the soup wasn't that big and there was plenty enough food for lunch :-)

Enjoyed my friends , food ,atmosphere and scenery
A must go when downtown Seattle

• Visited February 2013