“Best Bakery in Seattle” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Panier

Le Panier
1902 Pike Pl, Seattle, WA 98101-1013 (Downtown)
206-441-3669
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 3,429 restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown
Sydney, Australia
“Best Bakery in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I just can't get over how delicious the pastries and the coffee was over here. It beats the next door "first-ever" Starbucks by miles and miles. Its a shame that I was in Seattle for only 3 days and visited Le Panier only on my second day there. I was hooked on their latte and pastry!! I'd go there again in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone visiting Seattle. Do yourselves a favor and skip the massive line at the Starbucks and go here instead. You will not regret it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic pastries and coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The mocha was not too sweet - it was a perfect pairing of espresso and high-quality chocolate; the cappuccino was delicious; the almond croissant was flaky and flavorful; the meringue cookies, which come in several flavors, were perfect! They are light and airy sandwich cookies, crispy on the outside and soft/chewy on the inside, with sweet, creamy filling in the middle. We had breakfast two days in a row here, and both times, everything was delicious. Long lines. Good luck finding a table or a spot to stand.

Visited July 2013
usa
“Great croissant and cold tea for a hot summer day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped here after a walking tour of the city to rehydrate/snack away from the throngs. If you like people watching, sit at the long bar in the window to see the wildlife that is Pike Place during tourist season.

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Prompt Service and Great Bread!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

When I arrived, I was quickly assisted by employees behind the counter. I only needed one thing, but was asked if I wanted anything else, which was tempting. It made me wish I had additional days to patronize them more and try their pastries.

Visited June 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“lovely presentation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a lovely bakery and the staff was very nice. That said, the baguette and croissant that we got both lacked in flavor. The baguette was well prepared with the requisite shattering crust and lots of air holes. But it didn't taste like anything. I make a lot of baguettes and have my own wood-fired oven so I'm not a novice on this topic. Both my husband and I feel like a good croissant should taste plenty buttery on its own but this croissant seemed like it would benefit from some added butter. However, if you don't bake yourself I think you will really enjoy this place.

Visited June 2013