“Yeah, It's a Chain, But This Outpost Is Quite Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harborside by McCormick & Schmick's

Harborside by McCormick & Schmick's
1200 Westlake Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 (Downtown)
(206) 270-9052
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harborside by McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #761 of 3,488 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Highland Drive
Seattle, Washington
“Yeah, It's a Chain, But This Outpost Is Quite Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a great place to come if the view matters; the view is spectacular, and close up, not something off in the distance. It's the standard McCormick and Schmick's fare, assorted fish and meats cooked properly, and usually delivered with outstanding service. (I note a couple of reviews that dis the service; I'm sure that it's happened, but I've eaten here with family about a dozen times, and the service has always been somewhere between outstanding and very good, even with a waiter-in-training.) The only disappointment is that they used to serve better local breads when they were just calling themselves Harborside (w/o the M&S label). I know it's a chain, but c'mon, guys, there are a couple of bakeries in Seattle that bake some of the world's finest breads; please go back to them! By the way, it's also a family-friendly place, and there's lots of room between the tables to keep it comfortable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Do not cater an event at this restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Definitely Dissatisfied and Disappointed for me as well. I frequented this restaurant for many years. I chose to have my husband's retirement brunch here. It was very easy to pick the "westlake" brunch buffet from the catering menu. Not your average but slightly upscale menu including Hemplers pepper bacon and Brioche french toast. NEITHER item was on the brunch but I had no choice. Sustitutions of poor quality bacpm and french toast were made!! I was told to write an email about my concerns. I have never received a reply. I was a "preferred member' -what a joke. If this is how preferred members are treated I would have to be an "unpreferred" member.

Now that Landrys has purchased this restaurant I definitely will not go here again!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Dissatisfied & Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We took a group of out of town guests to this restaurant which we occasionally visited before they renovated. Unfortunately the service that day was absolutely the worst we ever received in our years of history of visiting this establishment.

The restaurant was not crowded, and the service was extremely slow. The meal took a very long time to arrive, and the woman waiter came back only once to attend to our needs during the meal. She forgot to bring condiments for one of our guest orders. (I could see her standing in the back chatting with her co-workers, while my water glass remained empty and I tried to get her attention.)

The restaurant will automatically tack on a tip onto the bill for larger groups. The service we received indicated they clearly understood they did not need to earn the tip.
On a brighter note, the remodeled restaurant is beautiful and takes clear advantage of the view on the water. Unfortunately my dissatisfaction and disappointment that occasion overrules any reason to revisit them again. I was embarrassed to recommend to my party to dine at this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Would dine here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our relatives in Seattle suggested we dine here on a Saturday night at sunset. We were seated at a window table with beautiful lake view, and enjoyed watching the seaplanes take off and land. Like McCormick & Schmick restaurants in other cities, the menu choices are varied and food preparation is good. Service was excellent. Great prices on indoor-outdoor happy hour specials downstairs before dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bothell, Washington
“Dissapointed birthday”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our small group was celebrating my daughters 17th birthday and chose the Harborside for it's view and menu but we were all dissapointed. The service was awful. Our server might have been new but she had little personality. She didn't introduce herself, she didn't speak about the menu, she served our drinks very awkardly and we couldn't hear her when she did speak. We had to ask for bread, we had to ask for water, we had to ask for steak knives. Our food was very slow in coming and they weren't busy at all. I ordered scallops and they were pretty good but I couldn't eat the sides because they were so heavily salted! Wow! She only checked on us once after serving. Then we ordered desserts and my daughter didn't even get a birthday dessert, and we were charged for hers. Most nice restaurants give a birthday guest a comped dessert! How cheap considering how much money we spent on drinks, appetizers, salads and entrees! She never came back to offer more coffee...it was all so dissapointing. I can handle slower service but our server was really a drag and her tip reflected it.

• Visited August 2012