“It doesn't get a any better than this.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canlis Restaurant

Canlis Restaurant
2576 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109-2206 (Magnolia / Queen Anne)
206-331-3348
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Canlis Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,492 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Haliday
Seattle, WA
“It doesn't get a any better than this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Everything about Canlis is 5 stars. A definite treat - make reservations well in advance. rather expensive but food and service are amazing!

Gig Harbor
“The Absolute Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I took my wife to Canlis for her birthday, per her request. It was by far the most excellent restaurant we have ever been to! We have traveled three continents and Canlis is THE best we've ever been privileged to eat at. Superior service, superb food and the owners are the grandsons of the founder. They interacted with the diners and were very personable and welcoming. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but well worth the experience!!

Visited December 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was in Seattle in October 2012 and this was by far the best restaurant I tried. If Michelin had a guide for Seattle should have a star.

Food was light, elaborate and not fuzzy. Service great.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful meal, fabulous service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Easy to see why this is possibly the best restaurant in Seattle - great view towards Lake Union, fabulous service and the food is wonderful. Had the lamb chop dinner. Did not need a sharp knife to cut this lamb. The knife slid through it like it was going through butter. Tender and delicious! The service is top notch as well. I was in a party of about twelve people. We all left at once. The folks that checked our coats remembered which coat each of us brought. The valets remembered which car each couple drove. No mix-ups. It all made for a fantastic evening. Definitely will be back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Orchard, Washington
“My new favorite place, easily.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Dining at Canlis was an experience I never want to forget. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Your car will be valet parked, and by magic it will be at the front waiting for you without a ticket slip. The same thing goes for a jacket. We had two drinks in the lounge by the fire while we waited for our table. For dinner I had the Filet Mignon (medium rare, and perfectly done), and my partner had the New York. The Filet was the clear winner. Additionally, we had the Canlis Salad, Pork Belly, Truffle Fries, Twice Baked Potato and the Souffle. The truffle fries were amazing, and I am not a truffle person!

I've had a better steak (not by far), but the magic of this place will bring me back.

If you want a window seat, men should be in a suit or sports jacket. If you don't wear one, it won't be an issue but they prefer that you do.

• Visited January 2013