“Awesome vegan food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chaco Canyon Cafe

Chaco Canyon Cafe
4757 12th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (University District)
206-522-6966
Neighborhood: University District
Mountain View, California
“Awesome vegan food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Loved the fresh and healthy food here. We got the lentil burger, Mighty Mofo, the daily soups, and the Zen Calm juice. All were Amazing!!

Visited March 2014

Redmond, Washington
“Wow! Tasty and healthy, what could go wrong with that?!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The moment you step into this restaurant you get the cool Seattle hipster vibe. You order the food and then seat yourself. The menu is so extensive, there is something for everyone here. They have great options for kids too. Yes, its a little pricey, but the taste and quality of the food more than compensates for it.

Since it was our first time we made some safe choices. I had seen rave reviews earlier about their lentil burger, so definitely wanted to try that. We also ordered the eggless spinach mushroom quiche and some brown rice and tofu scramble with peanut sauce. For drinks we had the lemon ginger spritzer which tasted wonderful and refreshing. The lentil burger was indeed very tasty. The tofu scramble was so flavorful and full of spice, it almost didnt feel like you are eating tofu. The quiche was quite simple but tasty. I would have personally liked some more flavor or spice in the quiche but made up for it with some hot sauce. I picked a maple chia pudding to go with the quiche and it was a very unique combination of ingredients, the chia pudding topped with dried coconut shavings, almonds and banana slices. Yum!

The overall presentation of the food was fabulous and appetizing. Service was great and the atmosphere was so informal and laid back. I cant wait to go back here and try the other menu items. A true gem!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Delicious healthy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have eaten here only once but will return. Husband had artichoke melt and I had veggie Reuben. Both were "very tasty" as the Iowans say. I added a large kale Caesar salad, and had enough to bring back to Portland for two big servings tonight. In other words, three large servings. The addition of tiny French fried onions zapped up the flavor. A mishap was handled very graciously -- I knocked the top slice off my Reuben, it landed on the floor, and not only was it replaced quickly, but I was repeatedly reassured that it was no problem.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cochabamba, Bolivia
“Good food, a little expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We recently visited with our vegetarian family to try a new place. Compared with other vegetarian restaurants we have tried, this was not great. The food was good, but a little expensive. As there are few options like this, it's a nice alternative.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sun Valley, Idaho
“A very expensive bowl of brown rice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I ate lunch at Chaco Canyon West Seattle yesterday. The restaurant was nice enough, the staff was rude (a woman) to quite nice (a man). My meal was a bowl FULL of brown rice dusted with tiny bits of pumpkin and a sauce. It was tasty enough but not so good that I would try to replicate it. Ever. My green smoothie was way too sweet. My meal, with tip, totaled over $17. Someone's making a great profit margin. There are better vegan cafes in this world. I wouldn't recommend this one and I likely won't return.

• Visited December 2013