“A visit back home is not complete without a large NLT Combo and a Miner burger in Yakima” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Northlake Tavern & Pizza House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Northlake Tavern & Pizza House
660 NE Northlake Way, Seattle, WA 98105-6428 (University District)
206-633-5317
Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: University District
Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Love this pizza, best I have ever eaten. Always get at least 1 large Combo. Two pieces will fill you up. The other thing I love about their pizza's is, if you have leftovers, they taste every bit as good heated up the next day.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seattle, Washington
“Best Pizza Going in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've had lots of pizza from lots of places, the pizzas are huge and have lots of toppings.
Don't be intimidated by the price, you get what you pay for, superb quality and quantity.
The place gets busy very quickly, and the reviews from WSJ, Zagat, all do it justice.
Call ahead or dine In, the pizza is amazing either way. Being a tavern it is 21 and older, but you can pick up, or even get take and bake. The artwork on the walls is fun and funky. This is a must go place. I will be back

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spokane, Wa
“As great as everyone says it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't expect fancy, and it may be busy, but man.....the pizza is really good. Good beer selection as well. I ate leftovers for two days.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle Washington
“Pizza with Pizzazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Frequented by University of Washington professors, employees and grad students because of its proximity and acclaimed by the Wall Street Journal and Zagat's, I visited this renowned Seattle pizza favorite last night for the first time.

At the entrance you'll see you have to be 21 to enter because it's a tavern. We both more than qualified. Then we encountered history from its original opening in 1954 by Herb Freeman and the Husky to funky atmosphere including red and white checkered tablecloths. The big screen TV featured a ball game. My friend visited here often in the 1960's and said it hadn't changed much.

But let's get down to the real reason we came: PIZZA! I wanted to order my usual Hawaiian but they had a spin-off called the Maui adding mushrooms and green pepper that sounded good. The server recommended we order a "small" 10 inch pie, saying it would be plenty. Plenty it was! The menu says "small" is 2 1/2 pounds for $20.10. I was amazed at the quality and quantity of the ingredients. Fresh delicious Canadian bacon, pineapple, mushrooms and green pepper over loads of mozzarella cheese. YUM! My friend had a blanket of large precisely layered sliced red ripe tomatoes covering his vegetarian side of our "small" pizza. Here's what's unusual: the crust. It's like a crispy cracker and dry inside. It's not that I disliked it, but it was different from any crust I've ever had. I can't say I preferred to others either.

When leaving, my friend inquired about Northlake's history so the friendly general manager Abdullah left the kitchen to talk with us. He'd worked here for years and enthusiastically told us more details of the original owner, whose wife is still living and in her nineties. It's good to know that after all these years the Northlake Tavern & Pizza House is still going strong and we recommend strongly you pay a visit to eat in or order a pick up ready in 30 minutes. No delivery...but they certainly deliver memorable pizza.

Visited November 2012
Battle Ground, Washington, United States
“Simply the Best Pizza in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The New York Times was quoted stating that "The Northlake Tavern and Pizza House has the best pizza on the planet." After visiting there this past weekend prior to the Husky game, my wife and I know why. Simply excellent. A little more than what you'd expect to pay for a small combination ($22 +/-) but after we bit into the salty goodness that was toppings all the way to the edge in stead of stopping short like most pizza places, we were in awe. The small was enough for the two of us for dinner and a hearty lunch of leftovers the next day. Do yourself a favor, the Northlake Tavern is worth the trip. We loved it.

Visited October 2012