“Excellent sandwich” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paseo Caribbean

Paseo Caribbean
4225 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103 (Fremont)
(206) 545-7440
Neighborhood: Fremont
Anchorage
“Excellent sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Popularly known as Cuban food but billed as Caribbean on the menu board a mixture of pork, fish, and vegetarian dishes. Bought 2 of the sandwiches and a rice and bean bowl with chicken thighs. Everything very well made but not particularly Cuban to my background of 10 years in Key West. Having said that, still must say excellent value and very well made. Also very clean for such a small outdoor stand. Bathroom also nice.

Visited July 2013

93% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This has got to be one of the best sandwiches I've eaten. My wife and I were lucky enough to get a table (only 6-7 total), however I would've eaten on the curb if I had too :) Have napkins ready because sandwiches can get messy and be ready to wait in line for a while, a long while. However, it's all worthwhile. Seems like many locals get their food to go, but if you are not a local try to have someone snab a table to enjoy these amazing sandwiches. Will definitely come back if I'm ever in Seattle again.

Visited June 2013
Morris, Minnesota
“You'd better be hungry!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant with two friends and each of us got a different sandwich: the Cuban Roast, the Grilled Pork, and the Fish of the Day (cod). The sandwiches were all good, but I don't really understand the over-the-top raves of the other reviews here. I preferred the grilled pork to the Cuban, finding it leaner and with flavor more to my taste. All of the sandwiches were huge and EXTREMELY messy (next time I would split one with a friend). The service was very friendly and our wait wasn't long, perhaps because we arrived at about 1pm on a weekday. I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for a repeat visit but it is worth a stop if you are very hungry and in the neighborhood.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Well, I never imagined a Cuban sandwich place would be one of the best restaurants in Seattle until we happened upon it and ordered up.

Even though they don't have a traditional Cuban sandwich on their menu, they've got every other unique combination you could imagine. We got five sandwiches for variety (five of us) had them cut in half and shared. Mine was the Paseo Press - ham, pork, cheese, peppers, and grilled onions pressed on some amazing baguette. Yes, it was a sloppy mess but sooo tasty. Others we got had jalapeno peppers pork, etc.

I'd say this is a must try. Not much room to eat there but we took it down to the riverfront and enjoyed watching the boats go by.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“The Cuban!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I love Cuban sandwiches, but Paseo does it best.

The crowds are thick, the atmosphere is not worth mentioning, the seating almost non-existent, but the food more than makes up for Paseo's weaknesses.

Great value!