“Great food, service needs work” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #390 of 3,089 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Mexican
Seattle, Washington
“Great food, service needs work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If I were writing this review only based on the food, I would give it 5 stars. The food was amazing, however, they lost my order. And I stood there and waited and waited and finally realized they were calling numbers several orders past mine, so I had to walk up to the counter and ask about it. This was after calling to place my order for pick up and they put down the phone and never came back. I could hear orders being taken while I waited. When I finally went in to order (rather than call and then pick up) the girl at the counter picked up the phone and then slammed it down, apparently upset at the hang up. This was at least five minutes after I called.

that said, everything we ordered was delicious. I had the spicy pork tacos - yum! My husband had the pork mulito - I was jealous. I took a bite and wished I had ordered that! My son had the pork gorditas. He said they were awesome! The green avocado sauce was delicious. I didn't care for the regular salsa. Good portions, great prices.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Everett, Washington
“Wonderful cheap tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

VERY casual. VERY affordable. VERY deliicious. Great selection of sauces and salsas. Loved the carnitas tacos. Free parking. In and out super fast.

Visited August 2013
“Amazing! Like a food truck without the wheels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place is where the old Zesto's used to be, across from Ballard High School. It took me a while to try it, because I thought it was a fly-by-night type place, but after looking up "best fish tacos in Seattle" and having this place come up, and having a hankering for some fish tacos, I decided to try it. First of all, it's counter service. The menu is very simple, no big platters of phony Tex-Mex. Just tacos, tamales, etc. Homemade salsas of every kind. Nice inexpensive prices (like two people get really full for 20 bucks at the most). The pork tamale was deeeee-licious and I couldn't even finish it because it was so big and I had already eaten the two freshest, most zesty fish tacos I have ever had. Not to mention the fact that they have an original Miss Pac Man game to play for 25 cents while you are waiting. Don't wait! Check it out!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dayton, OH
“Mexican Cart food in a building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

What used to be a food cart enterprise is now a basic sit-down experience of pretty authentic Mexican fare; while the ambiance is plain, the food and draft beer is not. El Camion has patio seating also for those many Seattle days when it doesn't actually rain. The menu has variety, range, and heat if you want it. Located by Ballard High School ii is close to downtown and very easy to get into and out of. I liked it when it was just a cart; I love it now that I can take my grandson in for some beans, rice, and gorditas. Try it.

• Visited May 2013