“Good Times, Good Food, Good Prices at Mashawi” 5 of 5 stars

366 Roy St, Seattle, WA 98109
206-282-0078
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mashawi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 3,491 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good Times, Good Food, Good Prices at Mashawi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The wife, the kid and I stumbled in here from our hotel down the road, and ended up pleasantly surprised by every aspect of the meal. From the warmth of the owner who let us in early for dinner (we were reading the menu in the window out front) and who also served as our de facto waiter until the female server started her shift, to the top-notch lentil soup (find me more restaurants in 2014 who serve soup AND salad included with every entrée), to the even-better North African Chicken, Beef Tenderloin Kabob, and ubiquitous-but-delicious Mediterranean Vegetarian Combo Plate, toss in a glass of $6.50 house wine and a $50 tab, and you know what you've got?

You've got a restaurant I'd go back to in a heartbeat.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seattle, Washington
“Outstanding Med Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Excellent food and highly attentive service. The portions are enormous... and come with a dal-like lentil soup and salad as well. Everything was well done. Good place to bring friends, and take time with over dinner. The fried cauliflower is a standout, as was the chicken shwarma.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sapporo
“Authentic, yummy, generous, near McCaw Hall & Seattle Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was looking for a supper place near McCaw Hall before the ballet, and am very happy we found Mashawi. I think this will now be my go-to place before or after events at Seattle Center. I love family-run restaurants -- it was clear our server was one of the family, we asked him a bit about Lebanon's olive oil ("the best" of course he said). Being my first time, I hadn't an idea of how generous the portions were -- we were hungry but ended up taking home about half our food. The main entrees include a soup (it was a yellow pea/lentil this night), a small salad (nothing to write home about but fresh, crispy romaine with house dressing), and very generous plates. I ordered the lamb shank with couscous, it was good, but next time I think I'll order lamb kabob, shanks are not as tasty; somehow in my hunger I was drawn to the promised large portion (huge would be a better word). We also ordered the fried cauliflower appetizer, which was superb; we had a half carafe of wine, it was a fine accompaniment.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Super Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were going to another restaurant nearby that was closed. And walked by this, with it's interesting menu. And wow, what a find. The staff were great, everyone in our party of 8 loved their dinners. The menu was reasonably priced, with salad and soup included. Really a great find. We are from outside Seattle, but will go back here for sure if in the neighbourhood.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great for Takeout!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were staying at the Maxwell Hotel and Mashawi was just steps away. We didn't feel like getting out one evening and got this to go and ate it in the room. Fabulous. Try the fried cauliflower! It's delicious! Huge portions, great flavor and no indigestion later! What more could you ask for?

Visited October 2013

Been to Mashawi? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mashawi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.