“Amazing food, even good for kids” 5 of 5 stars

206-547-8230
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Portage Bay Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 3,088 Restaurants in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Hamburgers, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Portage Bay Cafe is a Seattle restaurant serving 100% breakfast, brunch and lunch 7 days a week. Eat like you give a damn! is our motto. Locally sourced, organic food items. We offer catering options including private dining, corporate events, private parties, weddings and box lunches.
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing food, even good for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The food was both interesting and delicious (especially the lunch salads) and the fruit and greens were all really fresh, and the service was excellent. Our kids loved the fresh fruit at the breakfast bar. Only downside: this place is very popular, so it can be rather crowded.

Visited July 2013

Nutley, New Jersey
“Great Menu for Breakfast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was very busy on a Saturday morninng and we had to wait about 40 minutes for a table for 5. But it was definitely worth the wait! If you're in Seattle make sure you have breakfast here.

Visited August 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“lovely breakfasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

wonderful breakfasts, lovely fresh fruit sideboard
rather a long wait. at the Roosevelt Way locations, put your name in, and browse in Hardwick's hardware right next door. Amazing hardware, and the restaurant will text you when they're ready!

Visited August 2013
New York
“I need to go back right now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Watertown Hotel recommended this place for the breakfast. And as it turned out, this one one of the two restaurants that my friend at UDub was planning to take us. This is the typical of the northwest restaurants - organic, use of local ingredient, and sustainable.

I got Wheat and Oat Hucklebery pancakes. You can go to the breakfast bar to get as much fruits you would like to get - a rule is that you will need to eat all you take. I love that! I always hate to see people take things that they cannot eat, so this is the great rule! I did finish what I took, but I could not finish the pancakes. I wish I could freeze the leftover and bring it back to NY!!

My son had the Italian Omelette. It was the big breakfast, and he could not even had a bite of a toast. As some other customers were not eating the toast (and it looked like a really good one), making the toast as an option can be another good idea not to waste food.

If I could, I would go back to the restaurant right now!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Munster, IN
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I had the French toast with the fresh fruit toppings bar. Oh my. I must go back. Only problem was... I couldn't eat but half the order.

• Visited August 2013