“Tasty pizza, limited menu and space” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #135 of 3,460 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: This is the second Serious Pie, pizza restaurant opened by chef Tom Douglas
Allen, Texas
“Tasty pizza, limited menu and space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The pizzas here are very good to excellent. The toppings are creative. This is expected since it's a Tom Douglas restaurant. I would suggest getting a couple different ones and sharing. The restaurant is very small. The tables are communal style for the most part. Although we enjoyed it, our son had very limited options due to being gluten and dairy free. He ended up getting a charcuterie plate because it was his only protein option. Bt for pizza, I would highly recommend it.

Visited May 2013

Portland, Oregon
“underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Have wanted to try this Tom Douglas pizza place based on his reputation and my love of thin crust pizza. I had the basic: mozzarella, basil, red sauce. it was good, but overly salty and the crust was a little soggy. I wouldn't exactly say it's big enough for 2 people. but I suppose if you get a starter salad it would be. I found the options a bit limited. And I don't get the whole trendy "put on egg on it" phase. reminds me of the mac n cheese trend and the fried calamari trend. yawn. The service was excellent, quick, and friendly. I think I was in/out within 1/2 hour. surprisingly, I also didn't see anything appealing in the salad menu, and i'm not a big biscuits gal either. I I'd go back if I am in the area and can find a parking spot. but with all the great options in downtown SEA, I would probably try something new. possibly another Tom Douglas property like Ettas, or the Palace.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Unique and thin crust pizzas. Good stop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

For the San Jose/SF Bay Area folks, this is your Pizza Antica. It's your thin crust with burnt sides cooked in a brick oven.

I chose to eat here on a Sunday to avoid the crowds since I heard the wait can get ridiculously long. A little after 1PM and there was hardly anyone inside. Probably due to the weather as well. I was walking there in the rain and just praying that if there was a line, no one would have an umbrella and they would just all leave!

Ordered their sweet fennel sausage pizza with roasted peppers and provolone which was packed with flavor. I love the thin crunchy crust. Asked if they could do a half & half pizza but was unsucessful. However, I wished I tried something that wasn't so neutral. They have pizza's with Yukon potatoes, truffle cheese, clams and etc.

TIPS:
- They only sell by the pie (whole pizza) that's good enough for 2 people. It's about 4-5 small slices each. I think happy hour has mini-pies.

I'm just happy I have something very similar to Serious Pie back home.

Visited May 2013
Silverdale, Washington
“A bit expensive but very innovative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Interesting lively place with good food. We split a kale salad. Very good and we felt good for getting our greens in. I ordered the special pizza for the night and my friend ordered roasted seasonal mushrooms, truffle cheese pizza. She had it once before and has been craving it several times. We each had a drink (medicore selection and medicore drink), shared a salad and shared two pizzas. No leftovers. A bit on the expensive side for pizza. Left contentendly satiated. Would definitely go again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Serious Biscuit - good but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Serious Biscuit - no signage - inside Serious Pie on Westlake. Had the "Zach"- biscuit sandwich with Fried Chicken, Bacon, Egg, and Gravy. Biscuit was good, chicken heavy on he batter and overlooked. Gravy is spiced with Tabasco - heat is fine, but has too much of the vinegar taste of Tabasco that comes through. Sat upstairs - nice comfy environment and Service was exceptional. It is not up to par with Pine State Biscuit in Portland which it appears they tried to copy. Good for a visit if you are in he neighborhood, but would not go out of my way.

• Visited March 2013