“Maybe Altura Needs To Stop Reading Reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Altura Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,089 Restaurants in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: BROADWAY E & ROY ST
Transit: Stops for bus lines 9, 49 and 60 within one block.
Description: Altura restaurant applies the focus of ingredient-driven Italian cooking to the natural bounty of the Pacific Northwest. Our chefs work tirelessly each day to highlight the most exciting seasonal products. Chef Nathan Lockwood's tasting menu is at the heart of the Altura approach to dining. With a focus on wild foraged products, pristine Puget Sound seafood and locally raised heirloom meats and vegetables, our tasting menu exemplifies who we are. Expect to spend between two and three hours enjoying ten to fifteen courses of our most inspired dishes. For a less structured approach, diners are welcome to design their own experience by choosing three or more courses from our traditional menu. Our team of Sommeliers is always on hand to design a unique flight of paired wines or help you find the perfect bottle to highlight your experience. We invite you to join us on Capitol Hill to celebrate seasonal cuisine, exceptional wine and gracious service.
Austin, Texas
“Maybe Altura Needs To Stop Reading Reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I contacted Altura a couple of weeks before my trip. Upon requesting a table for 7:30 PM I was advised that there were no reservations available until 8:30 or later, or 6:00 PM. I opted for the 8:30 reservation and requested that I be contacted should an earlier slot open. To Altura's credit, I was contacted the day of the reservation and offered a 7:00 or 7:30 PM slot. Upon changing, I asked if there is a bar and was advised that there is no bar area but there are several nice bars across the street. We took advantage of this and can confirm that there are several nice choices just across the street. Upon entering the restaurant we were seated promptly (difficult to do otherwise as the restaurant is very small). This is where the title of this review becomes relevant. Our waitress for the evening struggled to be friendly the entire evening. I found her to be snobbish at best and uninterested at worst. As with any dining experience, service is a vital part of the mix and Altura simply failed on this front. In regards to the food, the choices were excellent and the wine selection was very nice as well. We enjoyed what I would term as a very good quality meal, but I am sorry to say that I did not find it to be an exceptional experience. In retrospect, I wonder if my experience was simply ruined by the attitude of the service. When back in Seattle I will give Altura another try. In the meantime, I hope that they note this review and work to ensure a more pleasing level of service in the future. If you do go, I would recommend getting reservations early as this is a very small facility. In regards to attire, you would be comfortable in anything from nice jeans and a nice shirt to a business suit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Extraordinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you want a really unique and special dining experience you should try Altura. I went for an anniversary and my wife and I loved it. We had a lot of interaction with the chefs and were able to come up with a very special combination of food and wine pairings that suited us perfectly. A great place for a special evening.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Issaquah, Washington, United States
“Foodies Go Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you love food and food done with creativity and with outstanding flavor, served impeccably with wonderful wine pairings, go to Altura. Next time we will sit at the counter and watch the chefs. There is so much going on in each dish, a symphony of flavor. We each had the three course meal and I had the wine pairings. I definitely love to put myself in the hands of someone who knows their wines and food.

This is a special occasion restaurant or one where you go to experience something unusual, not your loud, family-friendly type of place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Snellville, Georgia
“Lifechanging meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Try the chef's tasting menu, or design your own! They're super flexible with letting you pick how many courses. And please please please go with the wine pairings. The sommelier is very good and chooses a great variety of complementary wines.

Don't miss the beef carpaccio, the basil fed snails, and veal ravioli. Desserts are great too!

Do make reservations. The counter would be fun and really make the night for a foodie.

Visited May 2013
“Taste ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Besides the hostess didn't have a clue about parking when asked, the service was great. The food has too much going on, which make them a little bland. Definitely no burst of flavor. I ranked this restaurant using 100 Meneiras, Lisbon, Portugal as benchmark and this restaurant is a bit behind, despite to be proclaimed to be best in Seattle

Visited May 2013