“Attention to details” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bed & Breakfast On Broadway

You added Bed & Breakfast On Broadway to your Saves list
Bed & Breakfast On Broadway
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   722 Broadway Ave. E, Seattle, WA 98102 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)   |
Ranked #13 of 36 Seattle B&B and Inns
Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
“Attention to details”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had the chance to sample two different room at the B&B. The second floor room (Broadway Suite) had a spectacular bathroom, exactly as advertised. The room was large, airy, quiet and comfortable. We absolutely loved the Attic Suite (if you are really tall this might not be the fit for you). The room itself was spacious and it had a completely private covered terrace with table and chairs for reading. Breakfast, although described as "continental", is much more substantial...a large bowl of mixed fruit, oatmeal with blueberries and strawberries with a pastry.
We followed the host's recommendations for restaurants (Poppy, Olivar and PhoCyclo) which were within walking distance and were great. The location is great..nice walks, coffeeshops, and easy to navigate. We would certainly stay here again.
PLUS....loved the art!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice quiet b&b with a great location! I do not frequent b&b's but would recommend this one and would definitely come back again. The owners had great food recommendations and were very hospitable! Thank you very much!

• Stayed June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here several days during a convention in Seattle. I was very happy with my room. It was clean and comfortable. The bed was a joy--so comfy, with wonderful linens. The hosts were extremely helpful and the neighborhood was full of great restaurants and places to shop. I would travel to Seattle just to stay here again and repeat the experience!

Room Tip: The room with the steam shower was amazing--a wonderful retreat after long, hot days at our conventi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This review is a long time coming but I figured better late than never. My fiance and I stayed here for 2 nights in August 2012. We had just driven into Seattle after a 3 night backpacking trip in Rainier (after getting engaged there!) and arrived about a half hour prior to check-in. I called to ask if we could drop off our bags early so we could return the rental car and the owner Russell said no because our room wasn't ready. I asked if we could leave them in the lobby or even the garage and he hesitated then called back to say yes. What was there to think about? Not a very good first impression.

The house smelled kind of musty and there was artwork EVERYWHERE. I appreciate that the owners are art collectors and are proud of their collection but it felt suffocating. Our room (The Broadway Suite) was large and the bathroom was newly renovated but the house really lacked the charm and detail that I've seen in other B&B's. We didn't feel welcome to use any of the common areas, even their beautiful back garden, and it seemed like we were intruding on their personal space. I was also instructed to use the provided makeup remover wipes because they didn't want my mascara ruining their white towels. Seriously?

Seattle was our last stop in a 10 day trip so we emptied our bags and spread everything out before re-packing to fly home. After a night out to celebrate our anniversary and engagement, we came back to find that Russell or Don had been in our room and had gone through our belongings. All of our luggage had been moved and either placed on luggage racks or inside the closet. My toiletries in the bathroom were re-arranged on the vanity shelves and my pajamas that I left on the floor were folded and place on the chair. I understand that sometimes things need to be moved slightly in order to clean, but they clearly crossed the line. I also find it strange that Don and Russell do their own housekeeping rather than hiring a third party. It makes for a very uncomfortable breakfast the next morning when you know they have been through all of your things.

This B&B is in a good location with a lot of good restaurants and Volunteer Park nearby but I would not recommend it after our stay. There are plenty of other B&B's in the area that I'm sure respect their guests' privacy more than this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ask for The Broadway Suite... you won't be disappointed. The bathroom is outstanding and the room is large and comfortable. The Inn's location is outstanding... within walking distance to many restaurants plus Volunteer Park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just stayed at B&B on Broadway for two nights and were very pleased with our room, the hosts and the marvelous location. The breakfast was delicious, with pastry, fruit, oatmeal, beyond "continental". I was amazed at how quiet our room was on a weekend night, with Broadway so close by. The location was a wonderful surprise with restaurants, a movie theater, bookstores a short walk away.Yet the only sound I heard was birds in the morning. The bathroom was magnificent with heated floors, a huge soaking tub and separate large tiled shower the size of a good walk-in closet. All of it was immaculate. Our hosts were very friendly and helpful.
So I am confounded by the mean-spirited reviews written earlier on.this site. I was concerned about staying here because of what was said, and yet I am very glad we disregarded it. I think we will very likely stay at this very pleasant bed and breakfast again when we come to Seattle.

Room Tip: The two rooms we saw were both very inviting. Rooms at the front of the house were quiet, even thou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
G-town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Don and Russell were amazing.........place is great and in a superb location that was seemingly no more then 2 or 3 miles from everywhere we had to be ( in town for a wedding). In addition the nice rooms and killer breakfast, Don really helped me out when I was in a jam. I had to be at a rehersal dinner at a certain time and scheduled a taxi to pick me up. The pick up time came and went and when I called for a status I was told "tough luck". Every other taxi service were either busy or at least an hour wait. I was all prepped to walk the 2 miles in the rain when Don graciously offerred to drive me. I have statyed at lots of B&B's all over the country and never have i had an owner step up the way these guys did. I am still so thankful.......

Price was fair and service/accomadations were above and beyond........

Room Tip: Attic was spacious but if you are over 5'10 I would not reccomend.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bed & Breakfast On Broadway? Share your experiences!