“Was a pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Was a pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Purchased the trip on a competitor's site but proved to be a very nice experience overall.. When I arrived they offered a nice upgrade for a very small nominal fee.. I told myself, "what could it hurt"? I was so glad I did.. The view wasn't the best, but the suite itself was outstanding..

From the concierge to the turn down service and all involved.. They really extended themselves to make me feel welcomed and at home.. I highly recommend this hotel and will be frequenting it every time I stay in Seattle..

What really impressed me about my stay was the fact that after my Saturday dinner I was making my way up to my suite and noticed some evening attire being worn by some co-riders on the elevator.. Later found out there was a huge wedding taking place in the hotel.. I would have never guessed it.. That to me, is the sign of a quality staff.. Not letting the chaos of a wedding spill over to the rest of the hotel guest and causing an imposition...

To the Management of the Fairmont, Kudos to your staff for making my stay a pleasant one indeed..

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. That is wonderful to hear that your stay was pleasant. It is indeed a testament to our staff and I'll share your compliments with them!

1,470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Fairmomt. An easy walk to all the sites, a great bar across the road and the hotel really feels special. Would recommend it. We also upgraded, which wasn't much more but very worth it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nicely appointed room. We paid a small amount for an upgrade and it was worth it. We moved into a charming spacious suite with lovely decor including french doors that divided the sitting room from the bedroom. Amenities we especially enjoyed were; slippers, robes, great bathroom 'condiments', Keurig coffee system, great selection of teas. We had a dripping faucet and when I mentioned it at the front desk it was rectified by the time we returned to the room. We loved the volume and water pressure of the shower.
We wanted information, tickets and reservations, and the concierge, William, was really helpful and clearly loved his job. Another concierge, a woman, not so much...but all the other staff were 110%. Ask for William.
We were lucky and stayed when the hotel had their Christmas tree display which was stunning. Great inhouse pub, which I already reviewed.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being close to the elevator. We were located right next to it and didn't...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FairmontOlympic, Guest Relations Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Sabine, Thank you for taking time to write to us about your stay. We will pass along your compliments to William, who truly loves his job and sharing his knowledge of Seattle. We are also pleased to hear that your request was promptly attended to. We hope you come back to see us again!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My buddies and I did a weekend trip to Seattle to watch NFL and the Seattle Seahawks. The Fairmont Hotel in downtown Seattle was our choice to stay for the weekend. The main reason was that I received a discounted price as I am a Fairmont's President Club Member. Having said that the value I received was far in excess of even the regular room rate. The service was attentive and the staff was friendly.

The rooms are exquisite decorated.

Only two issues were noted. One was minor but the other was not so minor.

The first one was the room I stayed in had an issue with the room safe. The locking bolt was extended out and the safe was not reset and therefore I could not lock my valuables in the safe. I called for service and a hotel engineer came to my room in a reasonable time and attended to the issue and apologize for the inconvenience.

The second issue was my buddy complained (albeit to me and not to the hotel) that he noticed that there was slight blood stains on the bed sheets. He noticed the stains the morning after the stay. However as mentioned he did not report it to the hotel.

Based on my past experiences staying at Fairmont operated hotels, had he reported it to the hotel staff, it would have been attended to promptly.

I enjoyed staying at the hotel and would do so again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Shoreline, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Brought my wife here for an overnight staycation. We love Seattle around the holidays - the streets and stores all lit up - and the hotel lobby was a beautiful compliment to the town. There was a gorgeous tree in the lobby, and many well-dressed families were posing for pictures in front of it before heading out for their evenings on the town. We booked a suite, and we had plenty of room for our needs, including room service breakfast in the morning. When we stopped in for drinks at the end of the night, the bartender was a little short with us, but that was probably because he was mixing drinks at a rate of approximately a million a minute. The maple old fashioned was worth it, though...

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nantwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stereotypical English like hotel set close to a major shopping area but a 5 minute walk to waterfront. Generously sized rooms full of the mod cons ypu would expect and polite and efficient staff. As a base to explore Seattle this is ideally located. Not spectacular but very nice nonetheless.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a grand old historic hotel which makes you just feel rich staying there. When we went in November the Christmas tree was already up which added to charm. There was a mixup with the room and they upgraded us which certainly helped with our impression. The concierge got us into the restaurant when i couldn't. We loved the location close to shopping, Pike Market, Purple for great wine and food across the street and the Red Room for music closeby. The only downside was the old small bathtub.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Fairmont Olympic Seattle? Share your experiences!