I stayed here actually about 2 years ago but never reviewed it.
I was with my parents shopping in Seattle and decided the stayed the night. I surprise them booking the Fairmont instead of the holiday inn. First impression as you walk into the lobby is "GRAND". The reception is very well appointed with classic Victorian style features. Although not everyone likes it that way, it was great for me. I used my Fairmont Premier membership to get an upgrade to a suite instead of a basic room. Yes i do admit the hotel is old, but everything inside and out is clean and the staff are nice and professional. I did notice there wasn't a coffee make in the room. One quick call to the front desk took care of it right away.
My favorite part of the property is definitely the pool and gym. I felt like i was in an very expensive spa. i went there three times on a one night stay. In the morning i was sitting at the hot tub. A staff members brough a great cup of coffee and newspaper while im in the hot tub. That's great service.
Like i said, the classic Victorian style is not for everyboby and this is an expensive hotel to stay in. Parking will set you back $30/night unless you have a package that includes parking.
In conclusion, this hotel is very worthy of being one of the few 5 AAA diamonds rated hotels in the region.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Olympic Seattle Hotel
- The Fairmont Olympic Seattle Hotel Seattle
- Fairmont Olympic Seattle
- Fairmont Seattle
- Four Seasons Seattle
- Seattle Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Footsteps from Seattle’s most exciting attractions, The Fairmont Olympic Hotel combines traditional warmth with 21st century convenience and personalized service. Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, the beautifully historic 450-room hotel blends classic ambiance and Italian renaissance architecture with state-of-the-art amenities, including high-speed wireless Internet access in all guest rooms and public spaces, 24-hour room service, 24-hour concierge, a fully equipped fitness center with indoor swimming pool, and complimentary house car service throughout downtown. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Fairmont Olympic received its 25th consecutive AAA Five Diamond Award in 2009 and is listed on Condé Nast Traveler’s 2004-2008 Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Olympic Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.