“Great place to stay since remodel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Great place to stay since remodel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with this hotel back in 2011 & things were beginning to look a bit run down and stale. I stayed again in February and the place looked amazing! It was like I was in a brand new hotel compared to the way things used to look! I have to say that the staff also seem to be in better spirits with the new changes. The manager (I don't remember her name) is always very friendly & helpful. There aren't a whole lot of amenities, but I don't mind bringing some of my own toiletries in order to save about $50 a night on my room. The kitchens are also a nice touch since I like to eat organic & cook my own meals.

• Stayed February 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the updates we made during the remodel. We are truly proud of how the upgrades have turned out. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The rooms are nice, clean, big and provide tremendous value. Nice kitchennete area with reasonable equipment. Staff were nice, efficient and competent. Only complaints about the property could be:
1. Marijuana smells in the hallway - which I personally don't have a problem with
2. Rooms generally smell musty

However, this hotel is located in a questionable neighborhood. The people hanging around that area seemed sketchy. There seem to be quite a few 911 calls in that region.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and the competence of our staff. Regarding the marijuana odor, I will be addressing with staff to better keep an eye out and to address accordingly. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night in mid-March 2013. The staff was friendly and efficient, and the room was very clean and functional. The location is a bit out of the way from downtown, but parking is easy. What more do you really want?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and was pleased by the staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Juneau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night in February, 2013. Room was good: nice kitchen area with cooktop, microwave, and full size refrigerator. Comfortable bed. No bathroom amenities except soap. Very friendly and helpful staff. Poor first impression of the hotel, however. Sketchy people standing around the entrance smoking and flicking the butts into the garden areas. Lots of hocking and spitting monster lugies on the walkways. Also, unfriendly aggressive dog in the elevator. Yikes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed with the appearance of the halls and entry way. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is walking the hallway multiple times daily and strictly enforcing the 25 foot rule. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at NGT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

An overnight stay for business here in Seattle...As I mention before not a fan of the extended Stay's, except in a few States and the DELUXE versions. Here goes: after an East coast flight, and trying to get adjusted to the 3hrs+. I was ready for some needed Zzzzzz's when I popped into bed and saw NAIL CLIPPINGS looking back at me. I thought I had broken a nail. So was NOT mine!!!. EWWW on all levels. On top of that the high scent of cigarette in the halls, gave me a severe headache. Thought this was non-smoking hotel-ummm???
On a positive note..the front desk guy did call to make sure all is well with my stay and if I needed anything....

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The toe nail and smoke smell you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personnally addressing with housekeeping staff and front desk personel. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ngt@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three weeks in early September when we moved to Seattle. This was a great affordable option for a long term stay. The hotel is modern, the rooms are nice, it's super clean, beds are comfortable and overall it's generally quiet, except for the noisy family that stayed across from us for a couple of days. But mgmt. actually spoke to them after we called the front desk. The staff was really friendly and helpful as I was always asking them to help me print copies of my resumes, which they did for free and housekeeping worked around our schedule since we had our cat with us and wanted to be sure we around when they came. The kitchen was a huge plus, though it is a little sparse on the cookware, but the Kmart next door had everything we needed. The location is great, it's not scenic but it is convenient. The bus ride to downtown Seattle was really easy. My mom is staying here when she comes for the holidays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Saint Joseph, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

just the basics, folks. if you don't expect much, this is the place for you. terrible smoke smell in the halls, miniscule portions of dish soap, toiletries, etc. also, next to a truck terminal with lots of noise and people loitering about the entrance. they need to do better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate? Share your experiences!