“Motif - great in everyway” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10% Off
Ranked #43 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Houston, Texas
“Motif - great in everyway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We traveled from Vancouver via train and arrived early for check in but our room was ready. We were upgraded to a bay view (fantastic) Room was large, very clean and the beds comfortable. Close to Pike's Market - staff was amazing from Kaleen who greeted us at the curb to grab our luggage, to Scott, Skyler and others that took great care of us from the minute we walked in the door. Kaleen also suggested 2 restaurants for dinner. We had breakfast at Frolik, the hotel restaurant and dined on the terrace. The concierge also arranged for a car service to take us to the airport the next day. For $5 more than flat cab fare we were driven by Andre in a sleek Suburban in comfort to the airport. Great way to end our Seattle visit. Motif Hotel was everything you could want in a hotel - service, friendly and great accommodations.

Room Tip: If possible, get a bay view room - beautiful to watch the boats and ferries sail through the bay.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Loved the decor-clean lines, fluffy towels, wonderful front desk staff, accommodating food servers and great location. It was quiet; water pressure unbelievable - great shower! Room was very clean. Close to the monorail for easy trip (and cheap) to airport or the bus to the zoo or the monorail to Chihuly Gardens and the Space Needle.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I arrived here on May 20th 2015 and checked out May 21st 2015. That day I had a long and bad day of traveling. I was excited for my stay here. Carmen the front desk lady was very kind and was apologetic for my long day of travel. I was really hungry when I got there she told me the restaurant closes at 11:30 p.m. . I said perfect it's only 10 p.m. So I went to my room and it was dark inside couldn't find a light switch. I realize you have to put your room key into the light switch to turn the lights on. Once I did that I was looking for a light switch on the wall and could not find them. A minute later that light went out. I put my room key back into the slot and turn on the lamps manually. I took a shower and got ready and went to the restaurant. I sat down at the bar which is really nice by the way. Katie the bartender was really nice. she asked me how my day was going I told her not good at all travel day was horrible. I said I'm really hungry do you have a menu. She said yes but very selective. I looked at the menu and was hoping to find at least a sandwich or a burger on there. There was nothing but a couple appetizers and mostly desserts. I was very disappointed. I asked Kattie the bartender if they had any burgers or sandwiches. she said no and apologized for it. So I ended up getting the fries and a small dessert. my suggestion is if you're hungry go eat before you go to this hotel. The in-room dining stops at 10pm, so that's out of the question if you check in after 10 pm. If it wasn't for Kattie I would have given this a 1. Katie was very professional and very knowledgeable of the city since it was my first time in the city. I never been to Seattle before. I told Kattie the bartender how excited I was looking forward to my stay here at this hotel. I told her after arriving and about the room with the light switches. She apologized and for and I said it not your fault. I needed to get up at 4 am, so I wanted to charge my phone. But all outlets wasn't working so I called guest services. I talked to Jason who was a great guy and very helpful. I told him the situation and he said to save on the energy you have to put your key card in the slot and you have to leaving the key in all night and the outlets will come on. I told Jason that I needed to get some sleep after this horrible day of travel and I have to get up at 4 a.m. I didn't want the light on all night i needed to get some sleep. He said there might be an outlet or two that always have direct power. I found one on the other side of the room and had to leave the phone on the bed since there is no table. This will probably be my last time here just because of the experience here. I want to think Carmen the front desk agent Jason the guest service and of course Katie the bartender who is very wonderful.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Newry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Upon entering the hotel, the place seemed to be pretty nice. The decor was tasteful, the staff were friendly initially and the location was good for shopping and within walking distance to Pike Place Market. We got to the hotel to check in around 1pm. The check in time is 4pm, but usually I like chance checking in early as 100% of the time I have done it in any hotel, the room has been ready for me. Although our room wasn't ready, the lady kept our bags for us and offered to call us when the room was good to go. Surprise, we didn't the phone call and wandered Seattle tired from our journey. The person who checked us in was awkward. She called us Australian but we were actually Irish. She told us we sounded Australian. The conversation was so awkward. She asked what we were doing here, and I said I wanted to go shopping. She said that my fashion taste would be different from hers as I lived in a different country. Maybe it was her first day? Get some culture, woman!

When we successfully checked in, the room seemed nice. The carpet was a bad idea. As we began to use the room however, it became apparent that whoever designed the apartment was a man or a woman with no taste for practicality. No full length mirror - I would like to know what my outfit looks like before I walk out the door. The only mirror was that at the sink, so doing my eye makeup was an awkward occasion. There was no room for my makeup at the sink, so when my makeup brush inevitably fell from the sink to under the cabinet, I went to grab it only to find my brush completely covered in dust. Ew. I went to wash my face at the sink after a long day. I had the face wash on my face already, and then went to rinse it off. The sink has no temperature gage! Sure I burned my face just to stop my eyes from stinging, I had to get my boyfriend to bring me over to the bath to get a decent temperature of water to rinse the face wash off!

The bed was comfortable and it was quiet. The shower was nice but the drainage system was poor. We found some used food service order in our room though tucked under our bed covers, which wasn't the biggest highlight of our trip. The safe was free to use (usually we have to pay for it in Europe).

We went to Frolik (the restaurant) at the end of our trip for some nibbles and a drink. The staff there were extremely accommodating and the food was very nice.

Overall, the hotel was nice initially but not very practical. I have had a better stay at a three star hotel. The hotel would be a good choice for a single male.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. Protip: they charge for wifi however they will waive the fee if you agree to sign up for their email blasts. The gym was decent, clean with a lot of machines. No complementary breakfast was included.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Auckland Central, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time to Seattle from New Zealand, it was very comfortable & convenient to stay in a hotel of this quality and location. It made this visit a very pleasant experience & hope to coming back again!

Room Tip: Corner room seems to be more spacious!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed now 3 times at this hotel and just love the location (walking distance to all attractions downtown) and friendly / knowledgeable employees . This hotel makes you feel welcome while traveling. not to forget clean rooms with excellent beds.
Overall a great experience – will return soon!
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Motif Seattle? Share your experiences!