“Centrally located, beautifully remodeled, friendly staff. ” 5 of 5 stars

Motif Seattle
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   1415 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
“Centrally located, beautifully remodeled, friendly staff. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Seattle is a great city and Motif is a great way to enjoy it. A few blocks from Pike Place Market and several great restaurants. A few blocks from the waterfront and even more great restaurants. A few blocks from the monorail station that takes you no stop to the Space Needle and Chihuly Gardens. The hotel was super clean and felt very safe. The restaurant wasn't as good as some of the others in town, but the meal service for the conference I attended was very good.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Basel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed in Hotel Motif for 7 nights in April and was travelling on business. I liked this hotel for the convenient location it is at and friendly staff.
Room was spacious and with very clean and spacious ensuite bathroom, bathrobes, adequate towels, choice of pillows with standard bath amenities were provided.

Cons: The mini fridge in the room was unplugged (I take my coffee with fresh milk so kept a bottle of milk inside the fridge but realised it's gone bad as fridge was unplugged)

The Hotel also has an excellent restaurant Frolik which serves excellent choices in food and drinks.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Superb location- walking distance from Pike Place Market/Capitol Hill, nice clean modern rooms, shower better than most hotels, friendly staff, great internet access. Good value overall. Would stay again. Paid WiFi, but free if you sign up for their free loyalty program.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel with the sole purpose of enjoying a concert at the Paramount Theatre; our goal was walking distance to the Paramount and Motif easily met that goal. The location of the hotel is great with lots of shopping & entertainment within walking distance. Upon arrival our suspicion about parking came to fruition - our vehicle, like most, would not fit in their underground parking. When other reviewers claim that their parking is bad BELIEVE them as the max height is 6 feet tall and the spaces are extremely small; we had to park our Avalanche at a parking lot around the corner in the next block. At the entrance on the sidewalk in front of the hotel, the staff informed us that the Hotel restaurant was closed for a private party; this was worrisome as we were staying on a Sunday night and had not seen too many restaurants. At check-in Tyler welcomed and checked us in with quick time. He was friendly and even offered to look for some dining options that were Celiac friendly - unfortunately when we were leaving he was on his break and so we never got any dining information from the hotel. The room was sufficient and cozy. My husband and I agreed that the hotel seem well-suited for a Business traveller as the room was well equipped with plug-ins for electronic devices and the desk enabled people to work. The room was clean and had a mini-bar area with a small fridge, coffee maker, and mugs/glassware. WiFi is extra so be sure to check your phone at Starbucks before coming to Motif. The ice machine was located close to the elevators and very accessible. The bed was really hard to me but just "firm" for my husband. As we hadn't found a restaurant open after the concert we saw we decided to order room service. I really enjoyed our Turkey BLT (one normal bread and one with Gluten-free bread), in fact I phoned the catering department to let them know how pleased I was with their GF sandwich. All in all, I was satisfied with the friendly staff and the excellent location.

Room Tip: Request a room 12 or 14 floors high(er) so you can have a view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was my first (& hopefully not last) visit to this property. Great location in the heart of downtown Seattle. Shopping & restaurants for any budget. The mini-fridge, Kerug coffee maker & modern decor/fixtures in room were wonderful. Staff was warm & welcoming upon arrival. The only reason I'm not giving a 5 Star rating is security. My colleagues & I were seated in the "very relaxing" outdoor area just in front of hotel around 8pm & were approached, not once or twice, but THREE times by "questionable" male individuals inquiring us for money, ciggarettes. It just made us very uncomfortable. I also observed an individual (after asking our group for money) in the lobby area & then entered an elevator. I alerted the front desk staff immediately.
This hotel is again in a superior area & I would have no hesitation in staying here again, but I would like to see more security in the outdoor & lobby areas.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of this hotel is very good; you can walk anywhere within downtown Seattle without much effort. Was here for business and pleasure. Every day there was an issue of some sort or another which got "old" after asking for the same thing 3 times and still not having them fixed was trying e.g., no light as you enter the room (light bulb had burned out before we arrived). Went to check in at 5 PM; room not ready until 7:30 PM. Restaurant closed without any pre-warning or note under the door saying it would be closed. Shower and sink backed up and although the shower got fixed; the sink was never fixed during the stay.

Concierge very nice but doesn't really know the city (I had to mention that I knew of at least 2 places that were open for brunch past 1 PM (when he said "they all close by 1 and it's 1:06). I'm all for "green" but housekeeping didn't occur for the 6 days I was there except for a towel refresh one day). Asked for transportation to a place <4 miles away. The hotel made the arrangement and then once I got to where I needed to be the driver informed me the cost was $130. I explained that I had not been told that price and would not pay that kind of $ for that service. Again, it was just the adding up of little things that became annoying.

The restaurant staff was very good; the food was OK (hotel prices; OK food). The service was good though. Although the terrace is a nice "feature" it was packed one night when it was nice outside and there wasn't anywhere to sit/stand/have something to eat or drink.

For the amount of $ this hotel charges per night I expected much better service. The manager Shannon was very good as well as Carmen. They both listened to my concerns/feedback which was nice. There are many other hotels in Seattle that are much better than this one imo. Again, the staff tries really hard and are, for the most part, very good. During the week I was there there were several conferences. I think the hotel values the conference participants more than individuals.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Here for conference. Space and details good for that. Bar Frolik was great with excellent service. Hotel staff nice and helpful. But rooms were bad. Hallway directional signs had fallen off of wall. Had to walk around floor to hunt room. Not well cared for property. Bathroom disgustingly dirty with mold on baseboards, hair on torn and stained wallpaper, toilet not cleaned our entire stay. Linens changed daily but bed not appropriately made. Had to re-make it prior to sleeping. Mattress lumpy and uncomfortable. Would NOT stay here again

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Shannon S, General Manager at Motif Seattle, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Lebron,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We have shared and discussed your feedback with our teams to ensure that our rooms are properly cared for and held to the highest standard. We hope in the future you are willing to give us the opportunity to show you that your experience was certainly the exception and not the norm. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.
Shannon Sheron, General Manager

Been to Motif Seattle? Share your experiences!