“Location and Staff - Great, Room - Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motif Seattle

You added Motif Seattle to your Saves list
Motif Seattle
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   1415 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue Seattle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #48 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“Location and Staff - Great, Room - Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at this hotel as I had a conference in town so the location was key. Everything I needed was walking distance away. Staff were very good and friendly. And the room was nice and clean and the view was good. A couple of things that I didn't like about the room:
1. The water pressure in the shower was excellent but the pressure for the tap for the sink was very weak.
2. You can hear water going through the pipes and one morning I was awakened by someone showering. Not sure if this was just my room or this is the case for all of the hotel.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and these two drawbacks weren't major.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Motif for 3 days during a business trip. The room was pretty nice, and the price was reasonable for downtown Seattle. The location was easy walking distance to a lot of restaurants and other activities.

The problem I had was there was a failure of service and follow through. During the night, at about 5:30AM, when the room above mine started taking a shower, the pipe in my room started to vibrate very loudly, and shake the walls. It was so loud that it woke me up from a deep sleep and I could not get back to bed. I called the front desk and let them know what was happening. They said they would give me a $50 credit towards the restaurant in the hotel. Ok, whatever.

Once I checked out and got my email receipt, I noticed they never credited me for the restaurant. So I give them a call and they apologize and eventually credit back my card. I was disappointed that they didn't keep their word and made me do all the leg work for the credit.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 1008. If they give you a credit on your account, make sure to check for it b...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent Thanksgiving week and had a great time due to the perfect location to view the Macy's parade, the Seattle Marathon and walk to many nearby shopping centers over super Friday. We took the light rail from the airport to the Westlake Station which was less than 2 blocks away from the hotel.
The pleasant staff upgraded our room when we arrived to catch a better view of Pikes market and the island ferry.
We ate at the Frolik Restaurant which had a fun yet modern holiday theme going, and there were also many other good dining places within walking distance. Overall we couldn't be happier and are looking forward to another stay there.

Room Tip: High on the west side gives spectacular views of Pikes Place Market and the Island Ferry
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We recently had a staycation at Motif Seattle. Being a Seattle native, I had never stayed at a Seattle hotel before. I will definitely be recommending this to my friends who visit in the future! The location couldn't be better when it comes to being downtown. You can walk anywhere from Motif Seattle. The staff went above and beyond with their friendliness, too. The views are gorgeous! Be sure to check out Frolik for happy hour. I feel like it's one of the best bargains you can find.. amazing eats and great prices. Thanks, Motif!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Juneau, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I spent four nights here, loved it, comfortable, classy,friendly beyond compare, location PERFECT, GREAT SHOPS, GREAT DINING close by. The Frolik Restaurant and lounge inside is phenomenal!,, very contemporary, with tv's , great food and EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE! Can't say enough! ABSOLUTELY WILL BE BACK

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Shannon S, General Manager at Motif Seattle, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Kim,
Thank you for your 5 star review of Motif Seattle! We are absolutely thrilled to hear that your stay was truly exceptional, from our restaurant Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails, to our location and exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you to Seattle.
Shannon Sheron, General Manager
Lake Tapps, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I had an opportunity to stay at the Motif before the big game last week-end. We are local but have never stayed down town Seattle so the NFC Championship was our 'ticket' to do it.
Upon check in, "Ty" was our check in desk clerk and had an utmost courteous demeanor. After a pleasant check in experience we were given good information about the area and layout of the hotel.

The room was exceptionally clean. Furniture stylish and modern. Shower/bathroom clean and towels a-plenty were provided.

Beds were firm but not too firm!

The staff was very pleasant and very professional and each time we were greeted with a friendly hello and "Welcome to Motif".

The restaurant "Frolic" is a very special restaurant and bar with plenty of tables and a comfortable couch sitting area in front of 5 large televisions. I felt as if I were home on the couch as we sipped on our cocktails and met other guests from outside the area. Our server's name was Francis and although we did not have dinner (drinks only) he continuously checked on us during a very busy evening in the bar.

The overall experience was very pleasant and we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the city. The West exposure, if high enough floor will have a view of...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was the perfect place to stay for two nights in Seattle. It has a convenient underground parkade, ideal location and nice, clean rooms. We usually stay at the Sheraton (a block away), but because of the better price and the exact same amenities, we will definitely return.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Shannon S, General Manager at Motif Seattle, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Emvelly,
Thank you for your outstanding 5 star review of your recent stay at Motif Seattle! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient parking, central downtown location, and clean rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Shannon Sheron, General Manager

Been to Motif Seattle? Share your experiences!