“Great hotel ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motif Seattle

You added Motif Seattle to your Saves list
Motif Seattle
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   1415 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue Seattle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #56 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Great hotel ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The motif is great, formerly known as the red Lion. I have been using this venue for business trips for a few years.

Staff very friendly and efficient, and I would definitely recommend it.

However, the frolic on the 5th floor is horrible. I have never experienced such poor food or service.

I will happily stay here, but I will never eat here, if the Frolic was good I would have given the Motif 5 stars!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Upon entering she was very cheerful and genuine. Very polite and had great manors. Answered all my questions I had. Great service, it is my 21st birthday and she was super nice. Her customer care was excellecent and set a great mood for the rest of my visit with the Motif Hotel. Thank you again! 5/5

• Stayed December 2014
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this location many times, but this is the first time under the Le Motif name. The redesign is 'cool and trendy' but the missed on a KEY element. The mattress in my room was possibly the WORST MATTRESS EVER. It was completely shot and literally swallowed me up to the point that I was sleeping or at least trying to at a very uncomfortable angle. Sitting on the edge of the mattress dropped me to the box spring. When I told them at the front desk how horrible it was they just said "oh". I KNOW I was not the first person to complain about that bed. I will not be back. This reservation was pre-paid, so I had little leverage to get any type of a refund. Had the bed been serviceable (even motel 6 has WAY BETTER beds) I would have been happy with my stay, but I was robbed of sleep on a business trip and that is unforgivable in a hotel - especially at this price.

Room Tip: One with a bed you can actually sleep in. by the time I got into that torturous bed, it was just too...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Shannon S, General Manager at Motif Seattle, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Consultantgal,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are terribly sorry for the poor experience you had. We understand that this is completely unacceptable and we are very excited to let you know that we are aware of this situation and have recently purchased all brand new beds, sheets, blankets, and pillows. We are currently in the process of updating all of our guest rooms with these items and expect to have the project completed within the week. We hope you are willing to allow us to welcome you back again in order for you to experience our updates. We wish you the best of luck on your future travels.
Shannon Sheron, General Manager
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 3 nights during our trip to the USA and really enjoyed our stay at the Motif. We found that it was in a very convenient location especially since we didn't have a car. We walked everywhere. The rooms are very nice although a tad small. The only negative would be the standard of the Wifi which was basically unusable when we were there, it was easier to sit outside and use the restaurant below the hotel's wifi as it was much faster and it worked. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely consider this hotel when we return to Seattle

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
sao paulo, brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Motif is a good option if you are attending a convention at the nearby Convention Center; otherwise, there are much better places. The hotel had been recently renovated, the room was clean and of adequate size. Breakfast was regular, at best. Wi-fi connection was good. The neighbourhood is not a good one, with lots of drug addicts around, especially during nighttime.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel multiple times a month, many times for 2-4 days in a single location. I frequent Seattle Washington 7 to 10 times per year. I have stayed at at least 20 different hotels in North and South Seattle, Bellevue, and Downtown Seattle extensively. I have stayed now at the Motif 5 times in the last six months and have found almost everything about it outstanding of a 4 star hotel. I have been able to reserve my specific room of choice every time. The Service is excellent. The friendly staff especially a check in and coordinator named Raquel, who has made sure my room is held for late arrival, cleaned quickly in the mornings and guided my wife who occasional joins me on business trips to restaurants, shopping and theatre and special sights. I would recommend this Hotel to any business or even family who would like the convenience of easy parking and location, large clean rooms, very quiet hotel and a staff that make you feel like a 5 star hotel atmosphere. The restaurant could have a lager fare of options for lunch and dinner, but the service is excellent. I once had a problem with the parking arm not lifting. I buzzed the front desk and within 3 minutes a person was down there operating the arm. I returned a few hour later and the young man was still there waiting for the repair person, but making sure no guest had to wait. Wow that was a first. The last few times when I checked out Raquel was working the front desk and she was right on top of not only my checking out , but also making sure my future reservations were correct. She even saved me dollars from what was originally quoted by telling me to pay with an American Express and get a special discount. It is the only hotel I use American Express at given there special discount. If other hotels offer it they sure do not have folks like her letting the guest know. I highly recommend this hotel, you will see and enjoy the comfort and service that we miss so often when those of us who travel and miss that friendly home type feeling...It is here with professionalism and quality. Also super fast free wifi and super comfortable beds..Thank you .......Terry G.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The rooms facing the puget sound and view of the water front are spectacula...
Issaquah, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on a weekend. Checked in around 4 thirty but my room was not ready until 5:30-6. This was very unsatisfactory since I was trying to get changed to go out at 7. Upon check in the front desk didn't inform me of wifi passcode, nor did they clearly explain the use of the parking garage. All be it, the girl was very friendly. I went up to the bar to wait for my room.

The bar area, inside is nice, modern trendy decor but a little "cafeteria" styled around the kitchen area. The staff was friendly but when another server, other than my server, dropped food at the table they failed to tell me what the ___ I was eating and ran away without asking if I needed anything else. The outside of the bar is nice, interesting to be outdoors above 4th Ave.

The room, once checked in, was nice enough. No bar. Nice robes, great shower and good bed. No real amenities just a few bottles of shampoo. No added niceities which, from staying at other top rated hotels- well I feel they fell short here. Room was quiet enough but I could hear some banging coming from another room at 4 am. Parking can be tight, garage is small and if you have a big truck you'd better think twice. Fits standard height trucks.

The lobby is tiny and not allot of seating. So, socializing and meeting your friends is tough.
Hotel is nice but probably not my first choice in downtown hotels.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Shannon S, General Manager at Motif Seattle, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear SillySchmoo,
Thank you for your detailed review on your recent stay. We would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during check-in. We made a promise to our guests and we are disappointed that we were unable to uphold to it during your arrival. We have shared your feedback with our team and discussed the events of that day to ensure this incident is not repeated. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know, as your valuable feedback is integral in order for us to continue to improve. We also appreciate your feedback on our restaurant and room amenities. We make every effort to offer all the necessities to our guests. Many items are also available upon request. We hope in the future you are willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you back again and re-earn your trust. Best of luck on your future travels.
Shannon Sheron, General Manager

Been to Motif Seattle? Share your experiences!