“Perfect location, beautiful view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motif Seattle

Save Saved
You added Motif Seattle to your Saves list
Motif Seattle
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   1415 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue Seattle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #63 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pensacola, Florida
“Perfect location, beautiful view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Wonderful location in the heart of downtown and easy access to The Link, Monorail, Westlake shopping, Pikes, the Pier. The hotel is newly remodeled and it shows. We paid a little extra for a Bay view King bed and the view did not let us down. Every late afternoon, after walking, Linking and enjoying the city, we would head back to our room (1503) and watch the ferries, and water traffic. Before heading back out to dinner. The room is wonderful, the linens soft, an awesome shower head and pressure and inviting. Loved the Keurig and overall a great experience.
A few hiccups was our room was very warm, but a call to the front desk and a cool fan was delivered promptly cooling the room down. I'm sure the fact that it was record highs in Seattle didn't help. So good job Motif remedying the problem quickly. Also upon checkin we had a significant delay (5pm) getting into our room. They did offer us another room without the view for that night (stayed 4nights), but we declined, not wanting to waste one night of views. We did get nervous when it creeped up to 5 and we had a 6:30 Jazz Club reservation, but it all worked out. We were credited for our car for the night since it was such a late check in. So again, high marks for customer service. They have an efficient, helpful bag check station / concierge desk. They even loaned us an umbrella for the day! The fifth floor "Frolick" restaurant, bar, outdoor space was awesome. They light it up, comfy seating, great cocktails and there is shuffle board and ping pong! Fun. Will definitely return here to stay.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the Bay View!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Love this hotel -- it's in the middle of everything you want to see in Seattle! And what a beautiful room we had -- the view of the bay was fabulous. We could easily walk to our favorite store -- Nordstrom's and the Rack and it wasn't far to Pike Place Market. The room itself was very large as was the wonderful bathroom with separate shower and tub. And it was immaculate -- we always remember to tip housekeeping and they really deserved it. This hotel was a Red Lion until just a few months ago and it's prospering under new management. Thanks, Motif, for a memorable stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the bay!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and it was one of the worst customer experiences I have ever had. I work in the customer service industry and understand that with new ownership comes a lot of change and processes need time to evolve. That being said, this hotel failed at every turn.

- Pre-paid through Hotels.com
- Arrived and they did not have my reservation
- Waited 2 hours for a room with 1 bed when I had reserved 2
- Left the next day for meeting and called to ask that my room be cleaned (I had forgotten to remove the do not disturb sign)
- Arrived back after dinner to a dirty room
- Waited an additional hour for them to clean the room (even though they told me 30 minutes)
- At this point I spoke to a manager who apologized but offered nothing
- Rooftop bar was closed for a private party that I was assured would be complete and open by 10pm so I invited guests to have a drink...after 2 calls to the front desk for confirmation of the 10pm opening, my guests were told upon arrival that Frolick would be closed for the rest of the evening
- 3 days after leaving the hotel I noticed that I had been charged on my Amex an additional ~$1000 for the 2 night stay (room rate plus a deposit)
- After 3 phone calls, 2 promises for a return call and 6 days later I am having Amex dispute this on my behalf

I will never stay at the Motif again and actively alert the rest of my collegeues to avoid it when in Seattle for business trips.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Shannon S, General Manager at Motif Seattle, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Megan,
We would like to deeply apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We have found your reservation and refunded your account appropriately. I have also left you a voice mail. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally at 206-971-8000 should you have any other questions or concerns.
Shannon Sheron, General Manager
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Location of Hotel is good as it is in Downtown. Its nearby to Convention Centre & especially Pike Market/Street which is a good tourist attraction here. As it is located on the Streets of Downtown it is easily accessible to many hotel shopping centers etc etc.. Welcome was good. The Room are quit good and well furnished n spacious. Room service was good. Free Wifi is available. Walkable distance to Columbia Centre. Also to monorail station for Seattle Space Needle. In all had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is a great location downtown..Walking distance to the tram, Pike's Market, the Waterfront, and food. Staff was friendly and helpful..our room was very nice, beds were comfortable.. And the room was quite.. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Motif Seattle for a meeting and also stayed a few extra days to be a Seattle tourist.

Firstly, if you are planning a business meeting in Seattle, I can't say enough good things about the facilities and services. Everyone that I worked with was wonderful and our meeting was a great success. Our participants were very happy with their rooms, the meeting room, AV, amenities, and catering. Josh, Paul and Chris were great to work with and were knowledgeable and helpful through every stage of the planning process.

As a hotel guest, I also had a great experience. You really can't beat the location. It's close to the LightRail, which I took to/from Sea-Tac. It's a couple of blocks away from the famous Pike's Place Market, the waterfront and lots of great restaurants and attractions. It's also less than 2 blocks to the Monorail station, which you can take to the Space Needle and surrounding attractions.

My room was clean, comfortable and modern. I was on one of the higher floors and had a great view. I would echo the "fitted sheet" comment voiced by others. Other than that, the hotel staff were great and I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor with a view of the water.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of the Motif is excellent - within walking distance of most places and conveniently close to the Link Light Rail so it was very easy to get to from the airport. The staff were very friendly, and my stay was problem-free. My room was very nice indeed, but, like some others have mentioned, I just felt that it was lacking one or two details that would have made it 5 star.

Overall though, I would recommend the Motif - certainly for the location.

Room Tip: My room wasn't facing the water, but apparently the ones that are have a great view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Motif Seattle? Share your experiences!