“Good location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
PRIDE and Joy Package
Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Good location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a typical chain hotel with good management. Everything works, the rooms are clean and spacious, great location (10' walk to Pike Market).
But when will some hotels finally realize that it is an anachronism not to offer free WiFi everywhere in the hotel? One has to go to the lobby to connect to the internet. That is simply unacceptable in this day and age.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

While there were no major issues with my stay, I came away feeling unimpressed with my experience and stay at this property. The hotel is overpriced for what you receive as the service and amenities were average (as a Platinum member I assume they gave me their best). The hotel lobby is very nice but overall the pictures of the property on the Marriott website are misleading.

The room was below average and the 'balcony' was underwhelming. Most staff were friendly but the person checking me in was cold and distracted. The hotel bar closed at 11PM which resulted in them closing on 20-25 hotel guests who were enjoying there evening. And good luck getting a hot meal after 11PM as the kitchen closes and they only offer cold sandwiches for room service - their recommendation is to call in take-out since there aren't any places open in the area.

That being said, it's not a bad place, just overpriced and absolutely not the Category 6 (or 7?) that Marriott places it at. And while I rarely say this about Marriott hotels, I would not recommend staying here until they improve. My impression is they are focused on the new and exciting tech advances such as mobile check-in/check-out and have lost their way in regards to great customer service and amenities.

For loyal Marriott customers: I hear the Renaissance is nice.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Jenn S, Manager at Marriott Waterfront Seattle, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the experience which you deserve. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 206.256.1013, so that I may better address this matter.
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We loved this Marriott. Courteous staff everywhere, nice clean rooms (had room with a view of the waterfront) large bathroom with good shower spray, great concierge lounge with good food and cheap wine and beer, large restaurant and really nice bar area at end of lobby. Pool was warm and was an indoor/outdoor and had an attached exercise room. Great location for ferry, only a few short blocks to Pike Place Market, we walked to Space Needle (have lunch there). Hotel staff recommended a great tour bus, which we enjoyed. Very helpful and informative staff. About a $40 taxi ride from airport. If back in area, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on 6th floor facing water. Nice view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reyn N, Manager at Marriott Waterfront Seattle, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Marriott hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Comfy bed and pillos which is always needed for good rest during a business stay. Staff was professional and attentive. Banquet food was excellent, highly recommend for on property conferences and meetings. Easy walk to the things you want to see and do as a visitor. Ask for a room away from train it can get noisy if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed February 2014
Jenn S, Manager at Marriott Waterfront Seattle, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Seattle Waterfront Marriott. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel in proximity to your conference across the street.
With the location of our hotel, we have a variety of view types and apologize that you were not satisfied with the view you received. If your travels bring you back to Seattle Waterfront Marriott, please let me know as it would be my pleasure to assists in providing you with a different view type.
We appreciate your comments about our friendly front desk staff and will let our team know that they helped you have an enjoyable staff with us.
Hope to see you again soon!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was attending a conference across the street from the Marriot and stayed at this property for 2-nights. The location is great and it is just a short walk away from Pike Place Market. My room didn't have a view (except of the parking lot), so I can't comment on the view. The front-desk staff was friendly and a taxi was always readily available outside.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I liked this Marriott very much. I have been to this location several times for banquets but this was the first time I had spent the night. Since I live in the Seattle area it is usually a special occasion or event that causes us to stay downtown. The check-in process was great, the front desk was their usual polite Marriott. The room was nice but needed a little repair (the bathroom sink was cracked), the rest of the room was in great condition. The cleaning staff forgot to remove the soap and shampoo from the last guest, it did make me wonder about the overall cleanliness, but it otherwise looked very clean. The bed was wonderful. I wish that Marriott would catch up with much of the rest of the world and have free wi-fi. $16/night is steep when it's free at Starbucks.
The hotel is in the shape of an "TT" with the view at the bottom of the T. The very best views are from the bottom point of the T. The other rooms have a "peek-a-boo" view, still very nice. The top of the "TT" has train tracks running behind it, behind a high wall. The hotel is really well insulated but the trains were pretty busy on the Friday night we were there. Valet parking is great and it should be for $39 per night. The food was very good in the restaurant and I have found their banquet food to be excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had planned to stay at the Mayflower Park Hotel, but the online reservation system through our United Mileage Plus credit card (really Expedia) screwed up. We were without a reservation and the Mayflower Park was full with cruise ship travelers. That said, the Mayflower Park Front Desk staff, Robert, was magnificent and helped me get in touch with the Expedia folks who really came through for us with this nice hotel on the waterfront. We enjoyed the view, the walks along the waterfront, and best of all the quick and easy access to Pikes Place Market via a nearby elevator (ask for directions at the front desk). The breakfasts at the market are AMAZING!

Room Tip: Decide if you want to pay for the view or just walk outside.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Waterfront Seattle? Share your experiences!