“Modern Seattle-style hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 93 hotels in Seattle
Brunswick, Maine
“Modern Seattle-style hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great location a short walk from the University of Washington and all the restaurants and activities in the "U" area. Lots of windows and light throughout hotel with cheerful decor. Very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Young children enjoy watching the activity on Roosevelt Ave. (west rooms) and there is not excessive...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Courtney,

We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and its location. It is a nice design with lots of wonderful windows!.

Your comments about the pleasant staff is also greatly appreciated.

576 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pasadena, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel, due to its location and clientele, feels like a very nice dormitory. The kind that I would have loved to have lived in as a college student. I stayed one night in a 2 queen-bed room for business at UW and found it is exactly what I needed.

The building is new, looks clean, and is attractively presented from the street. There is plenty of window walls, full height glass, and amenities. The room has plenty of space and the restroom tucked behind the TV/closet wall is creative. The porthole on the toilet/shower door is a charming touch. Water pressure is good. The looming cabinet (TV/closet) is a bit oppressive, as is the choice of wood color. There are a lot of stains when examined closely, and it is not appealing when found.

The walking distance to UW is very nice. The academic ambiance is very pleasant, especially with warm beverage in hand on a cool morning, walking along with the students towards the campus.

Breakfast at the café is not free, but guests receive 15% off.

There is free shuttle service to downtown Seattle that requires reservation. When I showed up at the reserved time, staff at the desk started whispering to each other. One of them inched over to me after a few minutes to tell me somehow my reservation was “lost”. They were thoughtful enough to infrom me since I had already checked out, they cannot reimburse me for a cab ride ($15).

Overall the desk staff feel like students on a part time job. Definitely no air of institutional professionalism. Which is okay if one is not picky with that sort of thing, and the student ambiance is what one is after.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear redraisinz,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel and glad to hear it is mostly positive. I would be happy to look into the shuttle mishap and reimburse you if we were at fault. If you are interested in pursuing this, please call the hotel and ask for the manager and I will help you!

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great location to the University of Washington. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, and the modern decor is nice. Wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy more of the amenities - hope to return again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Justin R,

So glad to hear you found out hotel to be hip and cool, what a great description! We also appreciate your comments about our pleaseant staff and the cleanliness of the property.

Thanks for being our guest!

Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here on a whim because I had to be in the vicinity very early the next morning. Because of late booking, we got a very low rate.

The bed was remarkable. My husband is tall, we usually try to get a queen bed, and we don't sleep well on hotels. We both commented on the great bed in the morning.

Parking garage is secure and free for guests. Really small spots, but that's typical.

We left too early to try (or see) the free breakfast, but there was coffee in the lobby and a Keurig in room.

Decor was sort of northwest woodsy with nautical. Very clean and uncluttered. Soaps, shampoo, conditioner in dispensers, rather than tiny travel bottles. Appreciate the effort to reduce waste of all that plastic.

Good location for UW. Holder for key cards is a small local map. Free wifi. The hotel reminds me of a Kimpton, but much more affordable.

• Stayed September 2013
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Coug 1984, and greetings from a fellow Coug, class of 1979!

We are so glad to hear you liked our rooms/beds and enjoyed your stay with us.

We do offer coffee and breakfast in our Pineapple Cafe, where hotel guest receive a 15% discount. We also offer complimentary coffee and our signature Pineapple cupcakes in the lobby each afternoon.

Please return again when you can take advantage of more of our many amenities!

Portage, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

After reading the reviews, I decided to try it here. It was a good decision. The room was modern & clean. The staff was young, with a great attitude. They were super helpful. The secure parking was very assuring. Even though it was in the University district, it was relatively quiet there. The students seem to congregate several blocks to the east. Some of the other reviews mentioned homeless street people. After touring Seattle, it seems to be a city wide problem, not just here. But we had no problem with anybody bothering us. So, yes I do recommend The Watertown Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jimlr53,

Thanks for much for your many positive comments about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback about the nice rooms, as well as our great staff. I am pleased to hear you felt the team had great attitudes and were super helpful. That makes my heart sing!

We hope you come back and visit us again, we will look forward to serving you.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

For someone like me, who travels nearly every week for work, I have a great appreciation for clean, comfortable, convenient hotels. All of which the Watertown Hotel is, and more. It's the perfect place for those staying one or two night for a quick visit to the city or UW or Seattle Children's Hospital - convenient to all of these places, and the free shuttle service is perfect. However, as someone who stays multiple nights per week, this hotel is so much more. The rooms are not a typical hotel layout, they're spacious, airy and comfortable. It feels more like a loft than a room and is clean, roomy and modern. The staff and management go out of their way to be helpful, friendly and courteous. For those needing a longer term stay in the area, this hotel can't be beat. It's not a full-service Hilton-type hotel, so don't expect room service. However, there are tons of places in walking distance, including Trader Joe's and there is an in-room Keurig machine with drink choices, microwave and even microwave popcorn.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet and relatively bright. If you can get a South-East facing room, you may w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kato Akita,

Wow, we like what you have to say about Watertown and the staff/managment! We do go out of our way to be friendly, helpful, and courteous, and we are glad it shows through.

We are glad you like our clean rooms as well, and look forward to accommodating you again!

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night (I wish it could have been twelve longer!), and I have to say, I was really impressed. First of all, the hotel is lovely. The rooms are carefully laid out, with lots of light coming in, the linens are clean and crisp, the Keurig machine for coffee and tea is very nice.

But beyond the basics of an excellent hotel, I was really impressed with their customer service. I stayed here during a stressful 24 hours, when I was interviewing for UW grad school. I had a rental car, I had an early wake-up call, and I had a marathon day in front of me. They were happy to accommodate my needs, issuing a cheerful wake-up call, allowing me to check out but keep my car in their lot ALL DAY, and feeding me a delicious breakfast at their little cafe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear KatieT,

I am thrilled to hear you noticed and appreciated our customer service, as we feel this is the lifeblood of our industry. We work very hard to communicate that in a serving way to our guests.

We also appreciate your comments about the lovely hotel, linens, coffee, and delicious breakfast.

We wish you could have stayed 12 days as well. Maybe you can just return for another visit!

The Watertown team

Been to Watertown Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!