“A nice and clean hotel close to UW” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$20 Off per Night!
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Seattle
New York City, New York
“A nice and clean hotel close to UW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

A decent hotel close to UW campus. I stayed at this hotels two nights in July. The room was clean and staff was friendly. Ideal for people visiting UW. Offer free parking and bike rental. there's no restaurant inside the hotel but there're plenty restaurants/bars in U-district a few blocks away. A very good stay overall...

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Al Z,

We are grateful to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Watertown Hotel.

I wanted to let you know we do have our Pineapple Cafe, in the North end of the lobby level, open for breakfast and lunch. I sincerely apologize if you weren't told about it as we do offer a 15% discount in the restaurant for hotel guests.

Please return for a latte and a breakfast sandwich on us!

The Watertown team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Serbian first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 3 days in June. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There was enough space for parking in the garage which was free. Room was clean and spacious. Shuttle service was excellent and took me to the 2 spots they make stop in the downtown Seattle. And also picked me up on time. Only issue I had was the view. My room was on 5th floor facing the building in the side and I could see people in the offices in that building so I assumed they can see me too. I had the blinds down all 3 days. But I didn't mind that since I got out to see Seattle. If I'm in the area, I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear TTLS2013,

Thank you for your kind comments about the Watertown Hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here fore 3 days as I needed a hotel close to Seattle Pacific U and highly recommend it! Lots of free amenities other hotels don't offer, like free locked parking, free WiFi, and complimentary pineapple coconut cupcakes and Starbucks coffe upon arrival. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was spacious, well-appointed, and spotlessly clean. Nice modern clean colors, and my favorite, no carpet in the room (I hate dirty hotel carpets). Would also highly recommend the Portage Bay Cafe a block down for a wonderful breakfast or lunch. There are plenty of places to eat close by, but keep in mind this is the university district so most are your basic little places for starving students looking for a cheap meal. If you are looking for 5-star dining, you may have to drive a short distance. All in all, would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hi Maria S.

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and certainly appreciate your kind comments.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Seattle area.

Warmly,

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Watertown Hotel is an excellent hotel within walking distance of University of Washington. The restaurant connected to the hotel has good food with large portions and gives discount to hotel guests. The room was clean, with wood floors, and beautiful cabinets and bathroom fixtures. The view from our windows of the buildings below made us feel we were at the beach, even though we were near the college area. They provided complimentary bottle water, popcorn, and our room had a microwave and fridge. The extras thrown in: bike rentals, entertainment for kids were nice, even though we did not request for them. We used the complimentary laundry machine on our floor which were available starting at 8:00 AM. I could use the wifi for both my IPOD and internet tablet to watch videos with no problem. We cashed in our frequent flier miles on this hotel and found it to be a wonderful value for our miles!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear PearlJamDC,

Thanks for being our guests. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback about your stay. We do aim to please!

Take care and come back and see us again some time!

Puako, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My sister and I unexpectedly spent a night in Lake Union and ended up at the Watertown. I am in the travel business in Hawaii so I was pleased by the friendly and helpful staff right from the first phone call, to check-in and check-out. I also appreciated very much the free amenities the hotel offers; free parking, free wifi, a microwave and bar fridge, movies, coffee in-room and even a bag of microwave popcorn. In an era when hotels chage for EVERYTHING it was a lovely change. The mini pineapple cupcakes in the afternoon were fun and delicious. The room was also clean, the linens top rate and the beds comfortable. I also loved the Tommy Bahamas body products in the environmentally sensitive refillable pumps. In fact, we just booked another night there next week.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mary F,

Wow, thanks for all of your great comments about the Watertown Hotel, and its staff. We are delighted you so enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to repeating the experience again for you this week!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a great location, great hotel, crisp clean. modern easy to find and park.
They also have a very good and complete breakfast--beyond continental-- that is included with your stay.
WE had guests in from out of town stay there to attend my daughters wedding at lake union..
it was exceptional so glad we chose it for them

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lynejo07,

We are delighted your visitors enjoyed their stay at The Watertown Hotel.

We do offer the wonderful complimentary cupcakes and coffee in the lobby for happy hour, in addition to 15% off your food & beverage bill at the cafe as a hotel guest.

Thanks for choosing us!

Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here three nights for business. The front desk employee was very friendly. My room was on the 2nd floor and was facing opposite the main street. The room was large and clean. I loved the bed, slept great. I think this is the only hotel I have ever stayed in that allowed you to drink the bottled water without paying and they even supplied popcorn. I didn't hear my neighbors and I know every room was booked, so must have good sound proofing. My only complaint was that my window view was directly into the building (apartments??) next to the hotel so I was uncomfortable have the shade up.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on a higher floor facing the main street.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear kortkass,

Thanks for being a guest at Watertown. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. The views on the upper floors are a bit better so great tip to future travellers.