You added Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
Ranked #23 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Michigan
“great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

no problems at all, the room was clean and spacious, the hotel was quiet, and customer service was great. nice freebies like popcorn and bottled water in the room and cupcakes in the lobby. it is a few miles from downtown, but i used the shuttle and found it to be reliable. the only thing i would suggest is a little more lighting in the rooms, but even that wasn't really a problem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hello blue_the_puppy,

Thank you for all of your positive comments regarding the Watertown Hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed our quiet hotel, spacious rooms, great freebies, to include the complimentary shuttle service, and, most importantly, great customer service!

We hope to see you again should your travels return you to Seattle!

The Watertown team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Serbian first
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Walking distance to UW and free parking and shuttles. Both nice in this parking and traffic plagued city. Desk service fine. Decent value. Good little market across street and close to University Ave. shops. University Medical Center shuttle passes in front of hotel.

Room Tip: Even #'s face away from street but no view on third florr--maybe on the 5th
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Parker 1328,

We appreciate your nice comments about the Watertown Hotel and value not only your comments, but your business as well!

The Watertown team
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Watertown hotel Friday 4/5. Unfortunately I only was there to sleep so I didn't get to experience first hand everything they offer their guests. They have a lot of nice touches including free microwave popcorn in the rooms, a cupcake hour in the lobby, and the use of their bikes. I booked at a reduced rate using Hotwire. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear PDX Chick,

So glad to hear you liked our hotel and sorry you didn't have more time to enjoy our many pleasures!

We do so hope you will return and take advantage of all we have to offer!

Thanks for choosing Watertown Hotel,

San Francisco Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on our first-ever trip to Seattle, and we are glad that we did! We had an amazing stay at the Watertown. The hotel room was extremely clean and comfortable. It was honestly the closest that I have felt to being at home when I was staying at a hotel; I get homesick easily but I was so comfortable here that I didn't miss my own room back home for even a split second. That really says a lot about this hotel and how comfortable it is! The bedding and pillows were *super* comfortable (best hotel bedding that I have encountered--and I have stayed at 5-star hotels), and the pineapple-scented bath items (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap) smelled yummy and reminded me of my trip to the Bahamas! What a cute touch!

We *loved* the complimentary shuttle service. The friendly shuttle drivers will take you right into the heart of all of Seattle's must-see tourist attractions. Want to see Pike's Place? Not a problem. Want to see the Space Needle? Not a problem. We saved a bundle by not having to take taxis! (A savings of about $40 round-trip each day that we utilized this awesome service).

As a recent college grad, I am aware of the fact that college towns can be crazy and loud. So I was a little apprehensive about booking a hotel in the University District. But we did not have a problem with noise at all! It was so quiet...it was wonderful! No noisy craziness outside, no loud next-door neighbors inside! Also, you don't have to hear any traffic at all! Try getting that kind of tranquility if you were to stay right in downtown!

If your food budget is a bit tight and you won't be venturing into town, I highly recommend walking over to Trader Joe's and grabbing some affordable munchies to keep in your room. Trader Joe's has some great single-person entrees for like $3 that you can just heat up inside the hotel room's microwave. If you forget your utensils, the front desk has you covered. Just ask them and they will happily provide you with some forks and napkins.

Overall, a great stay and a great value. I will be back during my next trip to Seattle!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear a794,

WOW, a great big thank you to you for all of your lovely comments about our crown jewel in the u-district...the Watertown Hotel!

We are delighted you so enjoyed your stay with us. The greatest compliment you can give a hotel and its team, is that you felt comfortable here while being away from home.

Hopefully, we will see you again one day!

Cheers,
Oahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As the title states, this is our third time around. The service is consistently great, front desk get's you checked thru in no time..parking is great, location to the UW campus and freeway offramps could not be better (especially when the express lanes are headed in direction! Our room location this time around was not the greatest as there was only the view of the taxi cab driver staring into our room! But, yay, the wireless internet actually worked and I did not have to change properties to get my work completed!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear gy820,

Well, we are very glad you have been our guest on multiple occasions and keep coming back... we will always do our best to deliver!

Thanks for all of your kind remarks about the Watertown Hotel. We look forward to stay #4!

Warmly,
NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past week and we were pleasantly surprised at how well kept this hotel is. Our room was on the 5th floor. It had a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, popcorn, and coffee. Also included: Tommy Bahama shampoo, conditioner and body wash which was unusual for a hotel to offer. The best part of our stay was the free shuttle to the Space Needle, or to Pikes Market, or wherever you wish to go - except to the airport or to Pier 91 for a cruise. There's a cafe called Pineapple's in the lobby and they serve basic breakfast fast food items. We purchased coffee there every morning and if you stay there you receive a discount at the cafe. Security was excellent as you had to use your room card to end floors beyond the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th or 6th floor on the south side of the building. You will have a view of the Space N...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pearly NV,

We are so happy to hear how delighted you were with your recent stay at Watertown Hotel.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed, and were able to take advantage of some of our many amenities and hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Regards,
Clark Fork, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My daughter & I had never been to Seattle and found the Watertown Hotel through Trip Advisor. It was a great place to stay, the staff was always very nice, especially the great guy who let us check in early on Friday. We stayed 3 nights and it was great to have free laundry (the staff out front had some free laundry soap and fabric softener :) The deli across the street is very convenient, it didn't jut have sandwiches, it had pretty much everything you would need and I didn't feel the prices were over inflated for fast fix foods and drinks. I really liked that you had to have a room card to go past the lobby (so did my worrying hubby back home) and the shuttle service was great. Overall, I would definitely stay again, I would just ask for a room away from Roosevelt to cut down on the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main entrance (Roosevelt) -- my daughter thought the sound was akin to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hi Traveling is great,

I happy to agree with you and glad you enjoyed your stay at Watertown Hotel in the U--district.

The staff will appreciate the comments about how friendly they are, we do aim to please!

And safety is at the forefront here, and I am glad you felt safe and well cared for while our guest. We hope you will visit again, should your travels return you to Seattle.

Regards,
Connie

Been to Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!