“Your Homemade Filipino Food in Pikes Market” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #333 of 3,485 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Philippine
Portland, Oregon
“Your Homemade Filipino Food in Pikes Market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Been driving up to Seattle for years and yet didn't about this place. Thanks to Travel Channel, we were introduced to it. The food is what you might find in a Filipino home using the chef's own recipes to chicken adobo, salmon sinigang, and orange chicken wings. Sisters Lyla and Joy run the place, while Lola looks on. Very nice family. We thoroughly enjoyed eating in this hole in the wall restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Augusta, Georgia
“Our best eating experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

A total culinary experience! There's a reason the market traders eat here. What sweet ladies and what amazing fresh food!
Leila and her "good" sister and Mama! Authentic Filipino food at its very best cooked with care, personality and love. Once you complete Leila's interview you may qualify to dine and enjoy!
Check out You tube, all recipes, chicken adobo. That's our girl right there!
Not at all expensive, the sampler was awesome!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Juneau, Alaska
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stumbled upon Oriental Mart during an unexpected stopover in Seattle. It's tucked away behind a grocery store and even the title of the place wouldn't lead you to believe there's a great little restaurant back there with awesome food and sassy, hilarious, and generous service.

I was hungry, but wanted to try a little bit of everything... guess what? You totally can. I had the salmon sinigang and was shown the proper way to eat it, sampled some longaniza (INCREDIBLE!), and had a bit of pork adobo. All the while, Leila was chatting with us and was super nice throughout our meal.

We will be back for sure!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Oriental Mart / Kitchenette Is My Pike Place Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of stumbling onto the Oriental Mart / Kitchenette in Seattle's Pike Place Market. At first I was enticed by the smell and presentation of their Filipino food and then I sat down to a wonderful culinary experience courtesy of Leila, the Mart's "front woman." While I'm no expert in Filipino food, I ate Dinuguan my first day and it was out.of.this.world. This beef dish and their noodles were so good that even after sampling other establishments in Pike Place, I came back here - and did not return anywhere else - on my second day at the Market and sampled their outrageously good pork. I recommend Leila and her Mart to any food tourist and culinary explorer since the tastes were unreal and the company was superb. My only regret about the Mart is that I live 3,000 miles away and can't go back to visit there all the time!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Beach, California
“Sarap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This little spot looks like a knick knack shop, however this family owned restraint serves the BEST salmon sinagon soup ever! This is a sweet and sour based soup with wild salmon. It's a MUST. Not to mention the chicken adobo and the pancit. If u don't know Filipino food, don't worry it's awesome! Don't miss it and make sure u tell the cook " salamat po!"

Visited June 2013