We stayed here for 3 nights in Dec, 2013 to attend a wedding in West Seattle. We stayed in one of the "inside" rooms on the 2nd floor, with 1 queen bed. Overall the room was on the small side. No closet, no type of dresser/wardrobe for clothes.
* The room was clean (except for one issue below).
* The staff was friendly and accommodating.
* The continental breakfast had decent selection, and was neat and clean.
* Free parking.
* Noise mentioned by others wasn't really an issue.
* The room was clean, except the shower curtain had a musty smell to it.
* The room was poorly lit. The only lights were over the bathroom vanity and a single bed lamp.
* There was no iron/ironing board in the room. We had to haul one up from the front desk.
* No conventional thermostat. We had to rely on a warm/cold knob located down on the baseboard heater. Our room seemed to always be too hot or too cold.
* Only 2 full-sized towels were supplied. Really? Most every hotel I ever stay at gives you at least 3. We had to track down housekeeping everyday to get more towels.
* The key cards were very finicky, often requiring multiple swipes to open both our room door as well as the security doors.
* Only 2 pillows on the bed, and they were on the small side.
* It took a few minutes for water to get hot (no exaggeration).
- Also Known As:
- The Grove, West Seattle Hotel Seattle
- The Grove, West Seattle Hotel
- Seattle Travelodge
- Seattle Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge Seattle
- Travelodge Seattle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reopened Summer 2011 under new ownership and management, The Grove West Seattle Inn is an oasis of comfort and convenience perfectly positioned just minutes from downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac International Airport in West Seattle, a picturesque community with an eclectic small-town vibe. From our refreshingly renovated lobby, guestrooms and suites to our genuinely friendly staff, we go out of our way to provide a truly unique, highly personalized guest experience.Featuring 46 newly renovated guestrooms and suites, we’re intimate in size yet abundant in thoughtful amenities. Chat with fellow travelers in our new lobby, where we’ll treat you to some fabulous freebies, like free WiFi and complimentary continental breakfast. Kick back in freshly revamped guest accommodations, each painted in a rich, architecturally inspired color palate and furnished with flat-screen TVs and ultra-comfortable mattresses topped with stylish new bedding.Whether business or pleasure brings you our way, our location is central to a Seattle’s bustling commercial districts, as well as spirited local shopping, dining, sightseeing and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Grove, West Seattle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.