“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Seiling
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We would definitely stay here again! We stayed in a room with 2 bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and a balcony. It was quite comfortable and the beds were the usual Marriott quality - good linens and comfortable. The rooms were very spacious and we had plenty of room in the living room for the 4 adults. Breakfast was outstanding! It was the biggest breakfast I've ever seen at a hotel. What a buffet! The setting is lovely and very inviting. We ate seafood at a restaurant across the street then took a stroll on the pier then a cruise on a yacht. The hotel was conveniently located for a nice evening. We took a cab to the space needle and the pier to catch a Carnival cruise ship. It was not a long a ride to the ship. This hotel is worth the short ride if you're cruising.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the water would be better then the rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Macon, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved this hotel. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Mary. Our room was a two bedroom suite, which worked perfectly. Breakfast was delicious, and the sundries shop saved me a trip to a local drugstore for these items.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a delightful three-night stay here in August. Beautiful views of Lake Union and a great location near downtown Seattle. The hotel accepts pets, necessary since we always travel with our two chihuahuas. My wife was under the weather for a day and appreciated having a comfortable bed in a cool, quite room to rest in. The cost of parking was a bit steep ($23/night), but I guess that comes with the territory at an inner-city hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NORTH VANCOUVER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Well we tried yet another Seattle hotel.
Gotta say I loved the lobby. Yes it's the 80's but who cares.
We booked the 2 bedroom suite.
King in one and 2 doubles in the 2nd.
Each room has it's own bathroom. Perfect for the 5 of us.
My kids loved having their own room. So did we.
The living area was fantastic, nice living room, full kitchen and a dining table for 4. Plus a small balcony.
3 TV's total as well.
The room was very clean and also seems to have been updated for the age of the property.
We were also on a nice quiet side street.
Check in was fast, and free coffee and snax in the lobby.
Nice work out room.
1 small pool for little ones, 2nd larger (not by much) pool for the bigger people and a hot tub.
I still dislike when a hotel charges for parking, I think it's gouging.
We want to stay next September for 3 or 4 nights, but I hesitate having to pay up to $100 dollars for parking.
It is a good 20 minute walk to the Needle, but very doable.
No need to take your car once here. Rail to Downtown right outside the hotel as well.
Yes there is construction but it's only during the day. It did make it a challenge to get to the Hotel, but I just used my Spidey senses.
Very good chance we may book this next September for our annual trip to Seattle, but the parking charge may deter me.
It would have scored a 5 but parking.........

Hope this helps.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am a huge Marriott fan. I have been platinum with this hotel chain for 4 years and have stayed at Residence Inns all over the country- this one was definitely up to the Marriott hotel standards.

The rooms are very spacious and up-to-date. I stayed in a two-bedroom suite with my co-worker. We both had a king sized bed, bathroom and plenty of space to ourselves. The shared kitchen was perfect along with a balcony in the living room area. Unfortunately there is no oven, but there is a stovetop, microwave and a community grill downstairs.

Within walking distance you can find some great local restaurants! There is sushi, seafood and a variety of other restaurants directly across from the hotel, not to mention a ton of others within a half mile walk.

If you are coming from the airport, you can get here on the public transportation. Catch the metro from the airport, take it to the end of the line (under Nordstrom), catch the trolley line and ride it to the end (in front of the hotel). It takes about 45 minutes from the airport to the front door of the Residence Inn! If you are driving, the hotel is right off of the highway. Parking is expensive- $23 a day in the garage underneath. But you can park behind the hotel on the street for a 10 hour maximum at $1.50 an hour OR for free after 6pm until 8am, which gives another option, especially if you are working in the area.

I will say that if I were paying for the hotel room myself I would probably not stay here due to the high prices. Luckily I am in Seattle for business and my company pays for hotels. So my review is based on amenities and location alone, not factoring in the room rate.

***There is currently (Sept. 2012) road construction, which causes a few detours around the hotel. It is not a huge problem but just be aware of this***

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to get a view of the lake, especially if you are on a top floor with a balcony!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went to Seattle for a football game and all of the "in town" hotels were booked. This one was roughly 6 miles away from the Centurylink Stadium so not too bad. Nice looking hotel on the inside, though the tall open floor plan challenged my claustrophobic and height issues the first day! My husband assured me that the kids would not fall over the railing since it HAD to be built to OSHA safety standards LOL. The two room suite (one king, one with two double beds and a sofa sleeper) and three tv's were GREAT with older kids (14, 10 & 4). I called to reserve it for $179 a night but the reservation clerk gave me a "non harbor" view for $159, which I thought was great. Two complete bathrooms and kitchen made it a comfortable stay. We packed our own food in a cooler since we travelled from Portland and I am so glad we did. It is so very hard to find kid friendly restaurants in the area, and with the road construction AT EVERY TURN the city was a nightmare of driving in circles and dead ends with hungry kids.

Hotel was clean, though it failed my "hair behind the bathroom door" test, but passed my "computer desk chair test". Few quirks that were not deal breakers...the spring door stop behind the bathroom doors was extra long (see pics) and catches your foot with a loud "boooing" when you open or close the door from the inside..not good if you are trying to be quiet in the middle of the night! And the towel rack in front and below the sink area was awkward making it difficult to get close to the sink. Weird placement. The balcony had a broken screen, making it hard to open and the rail on the balcony seemed low when next to the chairs (as in, if you kids stood on the chairs, they could go right over!). I guess I may be a hyper sensitive safety issue type of mom.

Beds were too soft for me, and you could feel the sink hole on the popular side of the king mattress. I wound up sleeping with my son on the pull out couch one night, which felt better than the king.

Pool was decent, my youngest LOVED the shallow 3" kiddie pool along with the normal sized pool and hot tub. Surrounding tile was VERY slippery and there are signs posted everywhere as a precaution. For the life of me, I do not understand why hotels don't add non slip material to tile around pools. It really is unreal how many including this one, that I have been to where you have to walk at a snail's pace even with shoes on. Pool was warm (enough) yet a little cloudy. Towels were ample and overall enjoyable.

Staff was very friendly, issue with the air conditioner was resolved with maintenance immediately and the housekeeping was fast and efficient. Internet was free, thank goodness, but parking was $23 a day plus tax and very tight spacing, hard to access parking garage. The road construction in front was ridiculous and you had to circle the block each time you wanted to come in or out.

Across the street is a pier with beautiful yachts, some fancy (not kid friendly) restaurants, a nice small play yard and water fountains for kids. Nice open spaces to run, but be careful, not all of the pier has a railing (gave me anxiety with kids). Beautiful harbor and relaxing view all walking distance.

Free breakfast each morning and even a free hot-dog bar for dinner one night made me happy to be saving money and time on meals. But the food looked good but was tasteless and dodgy at best. Still, I appreciated the generous offer of free.

Overall, I would stay at this location again. Close enough to anything in the city including landmarks and cheaper than those just a few miles away.

Room Tip: All rooms are subject to construction noise, though windows did a pretty good job of silencing. Unle...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We booked a short notice trip and snagged the last room the hotel had available at a reasonable rate (232). It is understandable why this room would be last. The bed was overly soft and worn out. The layout of the room indicated no sense of form or function. WiFi coverage was good and flat panel TVs in both the bedroom and sitting room was nice. Having the single bath accessible only thru the bedroom was very inconvenient. A full meal breakfast is included each morning. The dining area/atrium is spacious, well lighted and clean. Each morning though, we had to contact staff to get food and drink items refilled and to get plates and flatware replenished at the station. The food was hot and tasty. The variety of items available was excellent. The cut fruit was awful tasting. The staff is friendly but understaffed even for a holiday weekend. Having to call the front desk to get the toilet paper refilled after the room had been serviced said it all. The location is great on Lake Union, but I will look elsewhere for a hotel next time I stay in Seattle.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union? Share your experiences!