“Fantastic” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

As a gold passport member I stay in many Hyatt hotels. This hotel is a category 4 for gold passport members but could be ranked higher. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was comfortable with a large bathroom. It was located within walking distance to the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. The hotel is very close to public transportation. Ruth's Chris Steak House is attached to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The service at the Hyatt is incredible and sets it apart from its high class peers. I had planned a Valentine's Day get away for my wife, our first after the birth of our son, so it had to go right. I chose this Sunday, and the first issue I ran into was getting flowers. Apparently no one delivers on Sunday. A quick call to Hyatt's Concierge and the fabulous Louise Smith took control. She made the order, arranged their delivery on Saturday and storage until Sunday. When we arrived there were beautiful red roses in the room. An hourlater the real kicker, Louise sent some champagne to help us celebrate the special event. Needless to say, our first night away from our son was a huge success and the Hyatt was A major part of why my wife loved it so much. A great hotel, incredible location and impeccable service. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2014
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very nice hotel, reasonable rates for AAA members, upgrades, etc. Excellent service throughout the hotel. Walking distance to everything in downtown Seattle. An enjoyable weekend stay for the NW Flower & Garden Show.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club Level if you can
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Whidbey Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Time to update my review of this hotel. I've stayed here many, many times and although it's still a favorite, I have to admit it's no longer outstanding. We stayed here recently for a performance at the Paramount.

Location is unbeatable for downtown. The warmth of the wood decor is superb. The hotel staff is polite & a bit aloof. The valet staff is hit & miss. The bar staff is delightful. There's one wonderful bartender who now recognizes me … hmmmmm … the bar serves the best sliders you'll ever find! The restaurant is expensive, but worth it, and they serve a fine breakfast with many choices. The fitness center is small, but has always been great for me. Parking is ridiculously expensive. $45/day for valet, $30/day for self park. They have fridges in the room, but they are stocked with goodies & are not for personal use. The items are wired & if you move them, you are charged for them. So if you need a fridge for personal use (as in medications), you need to pay a fee for another fridge to be brought to your room. Seems to me it was $25 for the stay. They charge $10/day for wi-fi (unless you have a suite). They have a coffee service in the room, with paper cups. The hotel spa is actually across the street at the Hyatt at Olive 8. Not a big deal to walk there, and the spa is sublime, absolutely sublime. I wouldn't do room service again -- terrible. Cold & inedible. Overall, I'm tired of being nickel & dimed by this hotel.

What has most disappointed me in recent stays has been the bed. The linen is getting tired (as in thin & stained & even with holes in it). The maids have taken to tucking in most of the sheets & comforter at the bottom of the bed, so that when I get in bed the comforter can't even be pulled up to my shoulders. What's with that, anyway? It's so annoying. I have to get up, pull out all the linens from the foot of the bed & re-make it. I'm really tired of doing that. And I think it's been too long since the mattresses were replaced. They're pretty uncomfortable.

I still love the huge bathrooms. They're absolutely beautiful. But the marble floors are really, really cold. I admit to being spoiled by radiant heat in my bathroom at home. Maybe that's why I find it harder & harder to step onto ice cold bathroom floors. I've taken to using the extra towels as mats.

Will I stay here again? You bet. It's a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. I'm just not as enamored as I once was, & I'm not staying here as often as I once did.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed over NFL Playoff weekend for the Hawks/49ers game and the city and the hotel was packed! Players at the hotel so there was security and fans everywhere but we never felt hassled or unwelcome as just mere guests. Central location close to everything, great food, shopping and tourist spots nearby in a very walk-able city. Front desk staff couldn't have been nicer and were great about accommodating our late check out for a red eye flight as well as holding our bags while we went out for dinner before our flight. Concierge was FABULOUS. When I asked upon check in after a unexpectedly long day of traveling for a great low key restaurant away from the craziness at the hotel and downtown he gave us three great walk-able recommendations, one we ate at that night and the others we saved for the next couple of days! Rooms were top notch, huge king size bed, massively massive bathroom with tub and large stand up shower, and the black out blinds operated by a switch by the bed I now want in my own home! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Early check-in and five days later late check out due to a red-eye flt. No problem for the Grand Hyatt, willing to accommodate all of our needs. We booked a suite, due to a party of three spending five days together. Family or not, that is a lot of time together! From the valet to guest services, everyone was lovely and gave us five-star service the entire stay. We felt as if we were leaving family at the time of our departure. Especially, the wonderful staff in the Club on the 27th floor. Hicham and Christian graciously welcomed each visit to the club as we piled our plates with fresh fruit, granola, bagels and locks in the morning and grilled veggies and sushi at night. Yum! Who needs to leave the Grand Hyatt to experience Seattle? One phone call to Ruth Chris, and Starbucks and within minutes you have room service knocking at your door. And for all of us who can't go without the need to burn off the intake of "healthy" calories, the Grand Hyatt has a fabulous Fitness club on the 4th floor. The workout club is fabulous! Four or five brand new Precor treadmills, three or four bikes, and elliptical machines, all of which have TV's attached to each unit. And the club supplies refrigerated/scented towels to cool even the worst "hot flash", and earphones. All weight equipment is Lifestyle in a complete separate section of the fitness club. And it goes on.....sauna, whirlpool, showers, etc.....My only complaint, which I shouldn't even mention but was a touch of a disappointment were the towels. They feel like a Wal-Mart roll-back deal and they are dingy white color. All three of us were surprised with the towels. This maybe a "chick thing," but I expect a five-star hotel to supply wonderful plush, bleached-white towels. What's up with that??? Please don't let the condition of the towels sway your opinion of this wonderful hotel. All three of us plan to stay at the Grand Hyatt again. And the views of the Space Needle and the Sound from this hotel are stunning. Seriously, we didn't want to leave our room, nor the service.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, get a suite - Room 2722 has amazing 180 views of the city facing the Sound. Yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was extremely impressed with this hotel from top to bottom. The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived until we left. Automated blackout curtains in room. Great restaurants / shopping closeby in a very walkable area of city! I was here for the Super Bowl and the city had a great vibe to it!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Grand Hyatt Seattle? Share your experiences!