“Nice, clean centrally located” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Nice, clean centrally located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Got stuck here for two days due to winter storm in Dallas- Hotel is centrally located, staff very helpful and efficient. Beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are great-

Overall highly recommend this this property. Very easy walk to Pike's Place and other downtown shopping and attractions. As a Diamond member had an upgrade and access to the lounge which is a great amenity. The gym is very well equipped and maintained.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We're sorry that you got stuck due to the storm, but glad that we got the opportunity to delight you! We always want to make sure that our guests needs are met and that they feel welcome. It's wonderful that our central downtown location made staying with us convenient and that our amenities and staff made it comfortable and welcoming. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Finest Hotel in Seattle - as a frequent traveler to Seattle, I've stayed at most of the large hotels in town and NONE of the others have rooms so beautifully decorated as the Grand Hyatt. Most rooms offer INCREDIBLE views of this great city and service is ALWAYS top notch! Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed there for one night only but would definatly recommend it to friends. Big room, comfortable bed but the bathroom is the best thing. Big shower, a bathtub and a very spacious room. The bathrope is a nice gesture. Good service and a great restaurant at the hotel. Great location downtown.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It's so great that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Our main goal is to make sure that our guests feel welcome and comfortable; it's wonderful that the amenities and staff helped us accomlish this goal. We would love to have you back with us on your next visit to Seattle.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised with this place. I didn't do my normal amount of research and booked because it was closest to convention center. The room is incredible: great bed; wonderful spa-like bathroom; nicely decorated... Oh, and remote-controlled blackout shade! I was even more excited that there is a Ruth's Chris in the lobby! It's about a 5 minute walk from the waterfront and Public Market (home of the original Starbucks) and wonderful shopping is in between. I have only given one other hotel 5 stars (Mandarin Oriental).

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I reserved a room for the night of Monday Night Football in Seattle. We wanted to stay downtown to avoid traffic and enjoy after game festivities. I arrived for check-in at 2:30 PM and exited the elevator to find myself in a sea of large men....i.e the Seahawks exiting the hotel. Security and bell staff were professional and efficient as they ushered me to the lobby. At the front desk I was told a room wasn't quite ready so I did some quick shopping at Nordstrom down the street. The location of the Hyatt is ideal. By 3:15 PM the room wasn't ready and I asked for an ETA not realizing that check-in was 4 PM and not 3 PM. The front desk kindly explained that housekeeping was quickly turning over rooms that the large group had just vacated. We were given a room about 5 minutes later. We had also been upgraded to a corner suite. The room was gorgeous and clean. The robe in the room was very good quality. A few of the towels were worn but a few were also very nice. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets and bedding were a great quality. The lay out of the corner suite was very nice. Check out was a breeze. My husband forgot his jacket in the closet of the room. It took about 10 minutes for the housekeeping staff to find it and bring it down. We live in the area but we will definitely be back for special occasions.

Room Tip: Corner suites are amazing!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. It's so wonderful that you were able to stay with us for such a fun occaission! We love when helping our guest relax and enjoy some time away, even if it's just a quick stay-cation. We look forward to having you back with us on your next stay in downtonwn Seattle.

Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The last time I stayed at the Grand Hyatt, I ran into a couple of issues with the HVAC (could not keep the room temperature below 73 degrees) and the very slow Wi-fi. Both of those issues seem to have been taken care of.

The fan wasn't noisy and was able to maintain the set temperature without a problem--although when I set the fan speed to low, it would automatically change to auto after a while, The Wi-fi speeds were very respectable (around 20mbs).

Housekeeping staff was very attentive to my needs and had my room was cleaned and ready by the time I returned from my meetings. The main bedroom and bathrooms were also clean and prepped well for my stay. Thank you, Grand Hyatt for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LuvOceanBreezes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. I was in Seattle for a week for business in October 2013. I am always concerned about two main things when I stay in a hotel – room cleanliness and room size. The Grand Hyatt Seattle was impressive on both accounts. I stayed in an Executive Suite on a high floor. This was not one of the Emerald Suites which are corner rooms. My suite had a lovely open-concept floor plan. The room was extremely clean and had magnificent tall ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows in both the bedroom and the living area. The bed was clean, but the mattress was not very comfortable. Following a phone call to Housekeeping; the mattress was swapped out for a brand new one in less than a half hour – AMAZING service!!

The bathroom was exceptionally spacious and impeccably clean. The marble floor and walls were exquisite and there was great water pressure in the shower (which is separate from the large tub). A well-lit, huge walk-in closet provided plenty of room for hanging clothes.

The view was probably the best in Seattle!! I had a west-facing room which provided amazing sunset views AND the Space Needle!

The furniture was a little “tired” but was a non-issue.

There is no restaurant on-site; however, the room service menu was extensive and the food was terrific. Meal delivery and service were the quickest and most attentive I’ve experienced at any large city hotel.

The best part of my trip was the reassurance of knowing ahead of time that I had reserved a room that would meet all of my business and personal needs. This was due to the unsurpassed customer service provided pre-arrival by Lindsay Waldrop (Convention Services Manager) as well as her assistant Leah Williams. Ms. Waldrop was the ultimate professional and provided superb customer service! She was accessible, informative and friendly; and consistency had a can-do attitude which seems to be an integral part of the culture at the Grand Hyatt Seattle.

This is clearly one of the best hotels in Seattle and I cannot wait to return. I would recommend without hesitation!!

Room Tip: High-floor Executive Suites provide the best views in Seattle. West-facing rooms have tons of natura...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is so great that you had such a great stay. We always want our guests to be comfortable and most importantly, be able to have a good nights rest! It's wonderful that we were able to take all necessary steps to insure your comfort. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations with the service we provide. We will make sure that Lindsay and Leah get the praise. We look forward to having you with us again on your next trip to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Grand Hyatt Seattle? Share your experiences!