“A STAY-CATION IN SEATTLE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union

You added Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   925 Westlake Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #55 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Mill Creek, WA
“A STAY-CATION IN SEATTLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We spent the past weekend in Seattle for several different events, including the annual 'AGROS INTERNATIONAL' Gala called "TIERRAS de VIDA" at the Fremont Studios, the Sunday afternoon matinee production of the Seattle Opera's production, "The Daughter of the Regiment," and an opportunity to worship at Plymouth Church in downtown Seattle. The downtown Marriott Seattle was the perfect play to stay. A very comfortable room, underground parking, and excellent service in the Lounge and a great buffet breakfast in the Restaurant were all a part of our package. We will return for our next visit to downtown Seattle for any overnight "stay-cations!"

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
seaplaneview, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and I will certainly pass your feedback along to my staff. I hope you will continue staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown Lake union if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Check-in was very friendly and fast, as were the check in desk every time I walked past.
The hotel and room was clean, and as expected for a Courtyard by Marriott. The location is simple enough to get to places although it not immediately apparent there are plenty of places to eat in the area.

My personal favourite part was the view of the lake which was really quite relaxing.

NB that there is some traffic noise audible in the room, and I did use earplugs.

Overall I would say average hotel, with a bump to very good considering the lake view.

Room Tip: 100% need a lake view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
seaplaneview, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and I will certainly pass your feedback along to my staff. I hope you will consider staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown Lake union if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Seattle. Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in a lake view room on 7th floor.

Pros:
1. Room - spacious room with good amenities. View of the lake was beautiful. Room was located away from the lifts so it proved very quiet. Bed was incredibly comfortable - appeared to shape itself to your shape.
2. Service - reception staff were pleasant. Room service was good.
3. Location - thought staying at this end of town might be a bit problematic but proved no trouble at all. Short walk to light rail / street car which takes you to the CBD for $2.50. Easy walk to Pike Place Market from there or catch monorail to Seattle Central.

Cons:
1. No hotel directory in the room - had to keep making enquiries to Reception. Advised that the directory was being updated.
2. No concierge to assist with luggage

Room Tip: Ask for the lake view - it's worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and I will certainly pass your feedback along to my staff. I do apologize for your room not having a guest room directory in it during your stay, however I did want you to know that all of our Guest room directories have recently been replaced with new up to date ones.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A seven dollar cab ride from the Victoria Clipper terminal and we walked everywhere else we needed to from this location. Seahawks game in one direction through Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market in the other direction through the business direction. Neither one a taxing walk. The hotel staff were amazingly friendly and accommodating and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and I will certainly pass your feedback along to my staff. I hope you will consider staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this Courtyard for two nights as we were doing the Seattle thing. Comfortable room, friendly staff, restaurant served good food; our only complaint was: where is the coffee in the morning? Yes, there is the tiny obligatory coffee maker in the room (no creamer), but being in the coffee capital you'd think there would be coffee urns 24 hours in the lobby; Holiday Inn Express and other chain hotels have a coffee station set up for early risers. Other than this oversight, Courtyard in Union Lake was a great hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We value your feedback and I wanted you to know that I have reviewed your concerns with the appropriate staff. Since your stay with us we now offer complementary coffee for our guests at the hostess stand during breakfast hours.

Thank you again and we do hope that you will reconsider staying at our property if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle

Sincerely
Monument, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We just spent three days in Seattle visiting friends and my business partner. We had an incredible time. Our room at the Marriott overlooked Lake Union. It was a very central location with out the "busy-ness" of the downtown area. Parking is half the price. And you are right across the street from a beautiful walk on Lake Union, Dukes chowder house, the museum of industry, quaint restaurants, etc.

The rooms are great. Clean. Designed well. Service was great. We were upgraded to a room with a view as well.

Loved the experience. Will stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of Lake Union if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and I will certainly pass your kind feedback along to my staff. I hope you will consider staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown Lake union if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle.

Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was a bit concerned before going to the hotel about the construction, and it really threw my GPS wayyyyy off ... but honestly ... it is what it is, it wasn't really out of the way to get to the hotel or anything, and no as bad as the other reviews says it was.

I was staying in a 1 King room, the room was very clean and the bathroom was spotless.If you're picky about the view then maybe ask for a higher floor cause we got a fablous room facing the roof and the outside of the elevator shaft, so we spent lots of magical nights watching the elevator go up and down (we dont care about the view ... found it funny)

All in all its an A+++++ hotel, a bit outside the core of Seattle but thats all good!

Ps: They have a strict NO VANILLA ICE singing policy ... buyers beware! (LOL ... thanks for the laugh Front Desk Agent that I forgot the name -Sry!)

Room Tip: If view is a must - ask for a high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union? Share your experiences!