“Very nice but very expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union

You added Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   925 Westlake Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #57 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“Very nice but very expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I just live 35 miles south in Lakewood but my coworker and I decided to stay a night while teaching and not fight the traffic. Our rooms were not the view rooms, we overlooked some construction but overall it was still quite nice. The room was spaceous, the TV HUGE, the bed very comfy and I was thrilled to see that not only did they have it appointed for business folks there were outlets ABOVE the level of the tables so for one I didn't have to move furniture and string the extension cord/power stip to plug in the electrical equipment I must travel with. Huge kudos for that. I heard no noise from the hall nor from outside. We were too tired to go looking for a local restaurant so ate there. Service was barely adequate though friendly, the meal was below average by far. We skipped breakfast and stopped in at the local Starbucks instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
seaplaneview, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and I wanted you to know that I have reviewed your concerns regarding your dinner with our Restaurant Manager. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you again and we do hope that you will consider staying at our property if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We booked a 6 night stay at this hotel for a family vacation while my husband was in town for business. We left after 1 night.

We arrived on a Saturday night. While it is a lovely hotel, and nicely appointed rooms, we could smell weed in the hallway as we made our way to our room. We notified the hotel staff and they were on it quickly and freshened the air.

The walls were HORRIBLY thin. There were several young men in the hotel next to us and we could hear everything from that room. Overnight, we could hear doors opening and closing in the hallway.

The double beds were not firm enough and I kept rolling into my husband all night long. This was the main reason we switched hotels. I could not sleep like this for almost a week.

The odd thing was when we checked out early, the staff never asked why.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
seaplaneview, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your most current stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Union.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. At Marriott we take great pride in providing an exceptional product and service to our guests and in this case it sounds like that was not the case.

I did want to let you know that all of our rooms with two double beds will be recieving new Mattresses, Box springs and bed frames on July 18th and 9th of this year. Our King beds were all replaced last year.

We appreciate all feedback as well as the opportunity to resolve any guest displeasure efficiently and effectively as soon as it happens when made aware of the situation.

Sincerely
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott across from Lake Union. There is some construction going on right now by the hotel but the traffic wasn't much worse than anywhere else in downtown Seattle. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice with a beautiful view overlooking Lake Union. We could watch the seaplanes take off and land from our window which was fun. The restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet each morning as well as a menu you could order from. I was able to get a cab, bus or catch the trolley with only a short walk from the front door. The price was a bit high but lower than comparable hotels downtown. Parking is underground but is $22 a night.

Room Tip: Recommend a room with a view of Lake Union and make sure you are high enough to see over the traffic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and I will certainly pass your feedback along to my staff. I hope you will consider staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown Lake union if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We enjoyed our two night stay at this hotel. We had a room on the 12th floor. Great view, easy walk to restaurants, light rail station, and Pike Market. Staff suggested sights to see and places to eat downtown. We did not have a car, but if you do, be aware you will need to use Valet parking. Light rail is one block up the hill and goes to the airport.

Room Tip: Try to get a high room for a good view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Snellville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel has an amazing view of Lake Union, but it is overpriced. You are clearly paying for the location in this case, but you can find hotels closer to downtown for a similar price that avoid some of the more major construction. While this is not the hotel's fault, there is a ton of construction going on that makes this place very difficult to get to by either driving or walking. This point cannot be emphasized enough. Due to construction, you have to go out of your way to get to anything. There is simply no way to get through the construction. The hotel seems to be conveniently located, but you have to cross major roads to get to any attractions surrounding the hotel. This makes things more complicated and stressful.

The decor is nice, but housekeeping is lacking. The room was nice, neat, and orderly when we arrived, but they failed to maintain it properly during our stay. We are not messy people, so there is little to do each day other than make our bed. They didn't even do that properly. Music could be heard in our room day and night, but we could not find the source. It should be mentioned that we were on the top floor, so I suspect the music was coming from another room in the hotel.

The hotel restaurant is horrible. It is incredibly overpriced, and the service is terrible. We only went the first night we arrived, a Tuesday. We had to wait several minutes before we were even greeted and sat. There was virtually no one in the restaurant, so they can't even claim they were busy. We got basic burgers (which cost about $15 a piece including tax). They both came out overcooked. The char completely overpowered any flavor there may have been, and the meat was overworked in general. One of the servers (not our server) overheard my complaints and asked if I wanted a new one, but it was not worth the fuss. I am always weary when meat ordered medium rare comes out well done. In my experience, sending it back will not result in better food. Our server seemed nice, but we only saw her a couple times. We did not see her at all after she took our order. Another server brought us our food, checked on us as we ate, and brought us the check. I did see our server as we were leaving the restaurant taking someone else's order. It appears she just completely ignored us after getting our order.

Overall, I recommend you take your business elsewhere. The place is not terrible, but it is not worth the cost. It is a standard Courtyard, and standard Courtyards, even located in the heart of a major city, are (max) $150 hotels on a busy weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
seaplaneview, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill a TripAdvisor survey. We appreciate your honest and candid feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I have relayed your comments to our Restaurant Manager so that he is aware.

I also wanted to let you know that the Mercer St project construction near and around our hotel is about to be completed near the end of July. The majority of the work will then move t the western part of Mercer st closer to the Seattle Center. Of course by the time the project is completed the area will be very pedestrian friendly with larger sidewalks and landscaping.

Princeton Junction, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was an OK stay - service was average. The room was average - and noise level is high. And all of it was not worth the price - very overpriced. As someone else said, front desk is inadequate and there seemed to be little interest in customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
seaplaneview, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback and I will certainly review your feedback with my fornt office staff. I hope you will consider staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown Lake union if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I travel to this place about every 4 weeks and this is the place that I stay. Great location to downtown and the view of the water is super nice. The staff is very friendly and the parking is very easy to get in and out of. They have a bar onsite which is nice if you want to grab something to eat. The bed was comfy and the room was very spacious and clean. I plan on staying here for all my Seattle visits.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union? Share your experiences!