“very affordable in a great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   925 Westlake Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #57 of 93 hotels in Seattle
Dallas, Texas
“very affordable in a great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

there are few really affordable places( w breakfast ) that are what I would consider within walking distance of downtown and the Space Needle, Queen Anne, Belltown and Lake Union.
GOOD location. Average place but a bargain if consider the location. I use to live on Queen Anne and we stayed here after the movers came and we needed to fly out of town. Good for families. You can walk quickly to the Space Needle center, catch the monotrain straight to the Westlake Center or catch a bus. The buses used to be free within a certain area of downtown..I think from Queen Anne it was 50 cents (may be more now). I would just walk a mile and catch one for free. Also close to the Opera House.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
wa.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We pulled in to Seattle and were tired after a long days journey...unfortunately we pulled into the Marriot...really just an overpriced super 8 with a view. They charged us 150.00 for the night - at that price you would think the parking would be free ( its not 20.00 per day) they would at least give you a roll and some juice for breakfast ( nope again) or have a microwave to in the noisy room ( at least spring for some sound-proof windows a this price). The hotel itself is beautiful ( although our bathroom smelled like urine EWWW) and the view was great, but for 150.00 ( actually more after taxes 175.00 I believe) I would have liked a quiets nites sleep.. We won't stay here again

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I was very impressed by the agent who took our reservations. She thought of everything and updated all my information right there on the line. She could not have been more pleasant or informative and I left the call very excited about our destination. When we arrived, we were greeted by the most personable host shocking me by allowing us to check into our room at 10:30 AM in the morning. She offered excellent recommendations for restaurants, attractions and parking. Her advice on parking saved us $40. The room was pleasantly spacious with a sofa, desk, king size bed and in-room coffee maker. The LG flat screen television was one of the nicest we have seen in a hotel room. There’s free internet access and coffee in the lobby which has a beautiful fireplace and comfortable seating. Both the indoor pool and spa were very fabulous. I know you may be thinking so what – this is standard in a lot of places – but this place does it all and well. Oh, I forgot to mention, they also have an onsite Market for those forgotten or last minute items. We were so impressed we booked another stay before we left. Next door is Buca di Beppo, a family style restaurant. I highly recommend visiting at least once during your stay. If you sign up for email club prior to your visit you may receive a coupon for Free Ziti and/or dessert. Family style means family style and the servings are huge. When they say it will serve three – it defiantly will serve at least three and probably more. If you make it down to Pike Market you must visit the Pike Brewing Company. Stop by the information desk at the entrance of Pike Market to get a discount coupon for your drink.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I was there on business. Helpful staff who knew the surrounding area well. I am never a fan of having to pay for parking at a hotel, let alone $20, but at least it was a covered garage. Comfortable rooms with quick internet and really nice scenic views. Really cratchy towels in the bathroom. There also was no free continental breakfast. While I did not have the $15 breakfast, my colleague did and said it was nowhere near worth the money he paid. Overall, a very good-caliber hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Staff was great. Rooms were OK--not the cleanest, but OK--They did not seem like the usual Courtyard rooms. Great location

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I travel to Seattle quite often for business and stay at this hotel routinely. Honestly, the location is fantastic and the pricing reasonable but they must have recently purchased new mattresses. Now, I applaud them if the mattresses are new as, in all candor, it is a good thing to maintain a scheduled replacement policy to replace that particular product! But, it is my opinion, that I would have had a more comfortable night strapped upside down inside of a rusty iron maiden. The beds were harder than a rock (I am no creampuff and prefer a firm mattress) and felt like sleeping on a piece of plywood.

So, I do recommend staying here for the location and price but bring an aspirin for the backacke in the morning.

• Stayed February 2011
N California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Stayed here for several nights recently on a business trip. Very convenient walking distance to the Amazon offices on N Terry. Location overlooking Lake Union is nice, though half the rooms will be overlooking un-scenic parking lots in the back. I thought it was a little pricey for what you got, but I would stay there again if it fit the circumstance.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown / Lake Union? Share your experiences!