“The road to wine... and great food” 4 of 5 stars

206.456.7474
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RN74 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 3,088 Restaurants in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pike Street
Seattle, Washington
“The road to wine... and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

RN74 is the old wine road through France's Burgundy region. They do know their wine here. When I had trouble deciding on a pinot noir to accompany my meal, the server quite handily reviewed the attributes of the 4 they had by the glass. The food was delicious. I agree with the other reviewer who commented the portions were a bit small, but I actually preferred it that way as it left room for dessert! We started with the kale salad - delicious and not overdressed. I had the beef bourguignon served with silky mashed potatoes and mushrooms. It was filling but left plenty of room for me to steal garlicky fries cooked in duck fat from my husband’s plate of steak frites. Dessert wasn’t an afterthought as at some restaurants, but each plate its own small creation. I had Meyer lemon custard served with pistachio ice cream, pistachio dust, sponge cake and poppy seed meringue dots. It was enchanting to look at and a perfect end to a luscious meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Backpacker83
“Amazing food - very small portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I really wanted to give this place 5 stars. I had a kale salad, cod with cauliflower, and chocolate tart and the food was amazing. The cod was perfectly cooked and everything had amazing flavor. The service was great for the 12 person party that we had. However, I couldn't give a perfect rating since the portions were extremely small. I know a lot of times people unreasonably criticize nice restaurants for small portions and expect an amount like they get at the Olive Garden. I certainly wasn't expecting that but the portions were still so small that I was actively hungry aftewards.

The atmosphere was ok - open area and it was fairly loud but nothing beyond what I've experienced at other places. If you are looking for a quiet place then this is not your restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Ask for Helen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great restaurant but what really made our diner was our server Helen.

Food is great. Concept of having some really unique affordable Burgundy wines is also wonderful. But Helen made our experience excellent rather than just good.

We had a large group and we were quite demanding in terms of the different drinks we wanted. There was also a bit of an error on our booking and service was a bit slow. However, Helen was friendly and went about her business of providing us great service without any complaints. She wasn't overly flattering nor did she get flustered…she was just right and made everyone feel very comfortable and at home at the restaurant. This made us forget about the deficiencies and just concentrate on the food, which was done quite well.

Surprised the Kale salad was so delicious. Steak was great.

Bellevue, Washington
“Wonderful dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at RN74 last night. Jesse, our server, was fantastic, attentive and all his recommendations for wine and dinner were perfect. We started with the tempura mushrooms - amazing!, kale salad - fantastic, and the pate. The tri-tip steak was cooked perfectly at med-rare, and the garlic fries with that were great. Finished off with the beignets for dessert - all we can say is WOW! Will definitely go back!
Even though it was a bit pricey, the portion sizes were very generous, so worth it for sure.

Portland, Oregon
“Best Food we've ever eaten in our entire lives ... Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

While travelling to Seattle once or twice a year we stumbled on this prize in downtown Seattle. The staff is great, offering warm and welcoming service. The food is beyond delicious and that is what brings us back again and again. Our last meal we shared (so we could taste more delicious dishes!), Pork Chop, Brussel sprouts, Kale salad, Beet Salad, topped off with the most interesting and tasty Creme brulee topped with Sassafras sorbet, bacon crumbles, candied pecans. We recommend this restaurant to anyone who will listen! The truffle popcorn is remarkable as well.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to RN74? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage RN74, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.