“another successful visit” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
seattle, wa
“another successful visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

they don't validate parking so try to get lucky and find something on the street. underground parking is around $3 depending on the duration and day.

been here a few times for lunch meetings and it can get pretty busy with the amazon-com crowd, recommendation is to get there before or after lunch. in the past when I came here for lunch, i'd order the burger and always the pretzels, yum! the pickled vegs are interesting too. haven't had beers yet but it looks like combining that with the shuffleboard can be fun. service is usually average with to the point attitude.

today, my friend and i cam here for a late breakfast and we were recommended the pretzel "lox" and the shredded pork breakfast skillet with OE eggs. we washed it down with a bland cup of coffee and a grapefruit mimosa which was average. you can never go wrong with the pretzels here so that was a winner and we had over a half of the smoked salmon left over (that comes on the side whole) that we took home. the skillet could have used a bit more pork but it did come with some amazing fried/grilled red potato mashers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Good horse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Brave Horse is a awesome place to hang out, get a drink, have a nice meal and play some shuffleboard. One word of warning, the Brave Horse is among a growing list of establishments that don't allow anyone under 21 to even enter. This is a place for adults. The food and drink choices are amazing and the decor and feeling of the place is great. A very nice place to spend some time in.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kirkland, Washington
“Best cookies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been there twice for cookies and dessert. Excellent!! Have to go back for the giant pretzels. The beer and ale menu is gigantic and popular.

Visited April 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Looked great from outside - they wouldn't let us in without ID!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was really looking forward to going to the Brave Horse Tavern having walked past it on a number of occasions when the atmosphere looked really good. My partner and I tried to go there on a Monday evening at about 6pm and were asked for ID as we entered the bar / restaurant - I had my drivers license but my partner didn't have any ID, we were informed that the only form of ID acceptable for non-American's was a passport and as we didn't our passports with us we were not allowed in - just to mention I am in my mid 30s and my partner is mid 40s - neither of us even close to being confused for under 21!!!!

Fortunately there are lots of other restaurants in the South Lake Union area only happy to welcome us in the absence of IDs - we went to Cactus instead and had a great meal.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Small Menu, Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here to try their burger. I have been on a burger kick and had to get to this place and try it out. I wouldn't rave about the burger although it was tasty and I devoured the whole thing, I've had better. The atmosphere is what got me. The place is huge and they have a great looking bar with tons of beer selections, old school dart boards in the back and even have shuffle boards! They also make home made pretzels, so if that's your thing you should give this place a try. I wouldn't mind coming back and trying the beer and playing a few games. The location is great and you can park in the garage instead of worrying about parking on the street which is just about non-existent during the lunch hour. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013