“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 95 hotels in Seattle
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the lobby. Lots of amenities. The room was clean everyday. The staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

519 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel several times, and I plan to again the next time I'm in Seattle. I was a little leery driving up for the first time because it's an older building and there isn't a lot "going on" right around the building. I quickly found that this is one book you should not judge by it's cover!! The staff is superb!! From the moment you walk in, to the time you leave, you feel welcomed and are treated as a guest in an old friend's home. They are always friendly and are quick to help with whatever they can to ensure you have a wonderful stay! The decor is fun, modern, and cozy. The rooms are very clean, and although a bit on the smaller side for some of the hotel rooms I've stayed in, they are definitely not cramped or crowded. The showers have great pressure and a unique double head feature with multiple water pattern settings that allows for adjustment as the user desires. The beds are AAAHHHmazingly comfortable and almost make you want to stay inside instead of getting out to enjoy the city! The location is such that you can walk to most of the things you would want to do downtown, or take a quick cab ride. The free parking at the hotel is a great amenity in a city where many hotels charge upward of $30 for parking! There is a lobby computer station, for-purchase snack/drink bar, free WiFi, decent continental breakfast, and fresh lemonade and water near the elevator 24/7. I will be recommending this hotel to everyone I know going to the Seattle area!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I traveled to Seattle for a conference and stayed at the La Quinta with a couple of my classmates. I have to say I was really impressed for the price! We had a big room with plenty of space. The beds were comfy and the shower pressure was great. Breakfast was okay, nothing too fancy. Location wise, I walked from the La Quinta to see the Space Needle, visit the Convention Center, see Pike Market, and go on the Underground Tour. Getting to the hotel from the Link Light Rail stop at 6th and Pine is probably a 7 minute walk, which was perfect given that I came in close to midnight. I visited friends who stayed at pricier hotels a few blocks closer to the city center and would not have traded rooms with them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL STAY !!!!!
I have also stayed at the SpringHill Marriott and Quality Inn. This hotel is the best the beds are amazing, friendly staff, great location. Very quiet and clean room, plenty of parking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for a few nights in the studio suite. This is an updated older hotel situated in between downtown and the space needle. We were able to walk to our destinations (a reasonable distance for a family that walks) to downtown including the market and the needle.

Though not in the fancy part of town, for what you get for the price, I would recommend this place.

The breakfast had a good offering. The daily supply of lemon water in the lobby and cookies were a nice touch.

Beds were very comfy and the room updates hit the mark. In short we didn’t expect much and were surprised with receiving much higher than expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front as the rear looks into another building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in April. We thought it was a great deal and a great location. We used our AAA discount and the price was very reasonable. Our room was fairly standard, not luxury, but clean and comfortable. Plus HBO! We had a king bed with a fridge and microwave in the room--useful for leftovers—and a little balcony. A basic breakfast is included. You can get cold cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, waggles, toast, juice.
We thought the location was superb. But we like to walk everywhere. The hotel isn’t really “downtown.” It’s right on the edge of a newly built up neighborhood called South Lake Union (www.discoverslu.com/). And you can easily walk to sites like the Space Needle and Pike Place Market.
We did not have a car, but I believe the parking is free at the hotel. If you’re a member of ZipCar, there are cars available right around the corner.
Staff was friendly and helped us with the free wifi access when we had trouble—no trouble after that and helped us get a taxi back to the airport. We would stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown? Share your experiences!