“Different but good!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Local 360 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #206 of 3,491 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bell Street
Transit: Close to several bus stops on First and Second Avenue.
Description: (206) 441-9360
North Vancouver, BC
“Different but good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had dinner at 360 on Saturday Night, I had the Rib-eye and my wife the salmon. Both were very good, our server was patient with our selection and we applaude the commitment to sourcing locally (well within 360 miles:)) All in all we would recommend 360, but with the limited menu 360 won't become a regular revisited destination with so many other restaurants to try in Seattle. We were initially placed in the upper section at a table adjacent to the wall, if this happens to you suggest asking for another more sociable location. I don't think 360 is doing themselves a favor with these tables, but number count.

Visited November 2012

Bellevue, Washington
“Local 360 in Belltown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went here for a 50th birthday celebration and overall it was disappointing. We selected this restaurant based on the fact they could seat a table of 8 and they sourced their food locally. The table for 8 was a booth and it was crowded. It was also warm inside and since we were crammed into a booth, it only made things warmer.
Food: The food was just okay. $4 for a baguette with salted butter--the baguette was a mini baguette. It was tasty but really how can they justify charging so much for miniscule loaf of bread? We also had the Peanut Butter & Jelly Bon Bons. Interesting, but more of a dessert than an appetizer in my mind. Best item we ate: the beet salad. Best item the others at our table ate: the beef tartare. Main course dinner was interesting. Three of us had the burgers, three of us had their version of the fried chicken, one of us had the risotto and 1 had the pork. The burgers seemed to big the best seller. The fried chicken was interesting in its de-constructed mode, but not all that tasty. The risotto appeared to be undercooked. I sat farthest away from the one who ordered the pork, but I must say from where I sat, it looked rather lonely on the plate all by itself. Dessert was shared and we had the apple fritters and the goat cheesecake. Interesting all the way around, but not to die for. When it comes to dessert, with every bite, I want to be saying, "OMG, are you kidding me? This is amazing". Not so at Local 360.
Decor: it is interesting. There is a lot of light rough wood and it is darkly lit. I just could not get into the vibe. It was a step up from a tavern, but not nice enough to feel like a nice restaurant. All in all, for me, very uninspiring.
Service: our server was okay but I felt he had too many tables to cover as we did not get the attention I thought we deserved. This wasn't our sever's fault, but maybe staffing at the restaurant.
All in all: I wanted to really like this place! The concept sounded amazing and the food sounded varied and tasty, but it fell short. Maybe, just maybe, if we'd stopped in after a football game, then it would have met my expectations, but for celebrating a 50th birthday? It just didn't feel special enough and that's my fault--not the restaurant's. I judge a restaurant by its "do I want to come back" factor. When it comes to Local 360, there's nothing there to draw me back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Local 360 restaurant in Belltown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Local 360 provides upscale comfort food via small plate selections. It also offers reduced happy hour pricing which reduces the plate costs by about $2 each including price breaks on their custom cocktails. I had a pulled pork sandwich, my wife had mussels, and we shared a plate of fries ... all very good. The only downside was the shared plate of mac/cheese ... it was just run of the mill.

Visited November 2012
Seattle
“This is not fine dining, but for a casual dining experience with local organic foods it is excellant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The gist here is nothing further than 360 miles away from Seattle is served. LOCAL 360! A terrific idea that is done very well. Cozy, casual, healthy and delicious. Chanterelles were in season on my first visit. I had the Chanterelle bisque and it was smooth, tasty and oh so satisfying. They also have local distiller's samplers and a variety of menu items that change with the seasons. I have been back 3 times in the last 2 months and have been happy every time. I just love eating organic, healthy, simply prepared foods that could easily be served in a much more elegant atmosphere but I don't always feel like dressing up and paying a lot of money for the experience. Sometimes, I just want to eat really well and be comfortable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Friday Harbor, Washington
“A great stop for locavores!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had our first meal here tonight, and it won't be our last. It's always great to see a restaurant support sustainable food production and, by doing so, you are always guaranteed to get a diverse menu throughout the year. Yet often, there is a lot of hype (and high prices) associated with sourcing locally. Not so here -- the menu is diverse, the prices reasonable, and the atmosphere relaxed.

When you enter, there is a definite "bistro" feel to the place -- lots of wood and exposed brick, dim lighting, and the hustle and bustle you would expect of a bistro. The tables and booths are sized well for the space, but it can feel a bit crowded. The servers are all very friendly and attentive and make you feel at home. Cocktails tend to use locally distilled liquors and the drink menu is diverse enough to keep things interesting. I really like the menu, although the seafood choices were pretty limited. Other than that, there was an excellent variety and all the dishes were prepared in interesting ways. My wife had the rabbit tureen and wood grilled pork chop. Both dishes were plentiful and tasty. I had the beet salad and the braised rabbit leg. Once again, portions were large and very tasty. Also, I always have to put in a plug for places that serve rabbit -- it was very tender and tasty and the accompanying whipped parsnips and shredded bacon-infused Brussels sprouts were a perfect complement for an autumn meal. The wine list was quite diverse and reasonably priced. I love that they use old antique decanters for the wine. It adds some charm to the place. Desserts are also quite good. My wife and I shared the Autumn Bread Pudding with roasted figs, hazelnuts, and whiskey praline sauce. The portion was so large we couldn't even finish it together. The bread pudding hit that natural balance between firm and custardy and the roasted figs were wonderful.

If I had any complaint on our experience, it was that it was stiflingly hot in the restaurant (especially upstairs where we were sitting). Unfortunately, it isn't easy to open a window (you would have to open one of the glass garage doors that serve as part of the restaurant's front walls. All in all, we truly enjoyed the evening and we definitely plan to go back. Next time we will aim for one of the booths downstairs!

• Visited November 2012