“Historic Downtown Seattle Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

1.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1619 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Ranked #19 of 36 Seattle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
mitchell
“Historic Downtown Seattle Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My family was in Seattle recently for a wedding and we stayed at the Camlin Hotel. My brother is a WorldMark member and secured several rooms for our group. The rooms are nicely furnished and feature photos of the original hotel. We made great use of the common room--even grilled fresh salmon for lunch one day! Walking and using the light rail were very convenient from the Camlin. All of the staff members were friendly and helpful, making this a great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Camlin W, Manager at WorldMark Seattle at The Camlin, responded to this review, May 27, 2014

206-405-2600

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We are Worldmark owner's. This is the first time we have stayed at this resort. The resort location is excellent. We walked everywhere or we took the light rail. The resort is pretty. The room was very nice. The employees were friendly and very helpful. We'll be coming back here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your recent stay at your Camlin resort and the kind comments about the service you received. Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone on our staff if we can be of service to you in the future. We look forward to your next visit to Seattle.

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We love to travel to Seattle and this location is a good one. Everyone is always helpful and the rooms are up to date and nicely outfitted. We love WorldMark as it allows us to travel the world and stay for a reasonable price. Although I will say they are starting to oversell it and it is becoming harder and harder to get rooms.

Parking is a little tough and the valet is a little slow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Camlin W, Manager at WorldMark Seattle at The Camlin, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your recent stay at your Camlin resort and the kind comments about the service you received. Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone on our staff if we can be of assistance to you in the future. We look forward to your next visit to Seattle!

Anacortes WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have stayed at WorldMark Seattle at The Camlin many times. It's always a pleasure. We usually take in a play or concert at The Paramount, across the street. The GREATEST feature, is being able to stay in downtown Seattle. There is two huge movie complexes within walking distance. Many fine restaurants. Love the food court at Westlake Center. The beds, bed linens and pillows are so nice.

Room Tip: We have stayed in Studios, 1 bedroom and most recently 2 bedroom. I love the studio's that hav...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Camlin W, Manager at WorldMark Seattle at The Camlin, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Sandy,

Thank you for your recent stay at your Camlin resort and the kind comments about the service you received. Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone on our staff if we can be of service to you in the future. We look forward to your next visit to Seattle!

Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have had our World mark membership for approximately 5 years
The Camlin is beautiful The lobby has old world charm as well as the hallways
The staff is incredible
The unit was clean comfortable and modern
When we go to Seattle we always try to stay at the Camlin

Green Features: The Worldmark has great practices for assisting the environment
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Taxplace,

Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have had my timeshare for about 10 years now. I purchased it when they were Worldmark and since has been purchased by Wyndham. First the resort was beautiful an era gone by. The lobby is elegant and the baby grand piano plays as your checking in. I loved the decor so 1920 stylish (I wasn't born then). The unit was clean and neatly furnished, however the funiture seemed to be to small for the unit. The staff is out standing always addressed you by name and was sure to ask how day went. I left my charger for my phone at home and they were more than happy to charge it for me. Little things like that make such a big difference. Eventhough I did not require maintenance or any extra housekeeping service they were always near and ready to supply me with whatever I might need. Unfortunately all of my experiences haven't been this good since Wyndham has taken over, I miss that personal, friendly, family feeling that the worldmark staff show you when visited. Keep up the good work Camlin

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Martina,

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were lucky to receive a wait list reservation for the only two bedroom deluxe in the whole hotel. It is located up on the top floor, with three penthouses. The hotel is older, located in a decent part of town - close to many of the sights.

We took a five minute taxi ride from the train station and upon arrival there was a bell boy right there to take our luggage. Check in was easy and they didn't push a owner update breakfast on us when we said we were only there for two nights and celebrating the birthdays of a really good friends. The room was spacious considering how small the other rooms in the hotel are. The sitting area was nice, but no more than three people could sit there. More than that and they had to grab a chair from the dining room table. TV was older, but worked. The view was of the Paramount Hotel across the street and also a condo building - looking right into the living rooms of people! The second bedroom had two twin beds, a tv and closet. Very tight. The master had a little more space. Queen sized bed was comfortable. There was a tv, closet and the washer/dryer combo was hidden in another closet in that room. The master bath was nice, the shower was huge. The second bathroom had a shower tub and was small. The kitchenette was nice to have, but would not have worked if we stayed a whole week. There was only a microwave to cook with, although there was a small dishwasher if you did have dishes.

I would stay here again, but only if the this room or one of the penthouses was available. I like to have room to spread out and I am not sure the one bedroom or studios would allow that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Camlin W, Manager at WorldMark Seattle at The Camlin, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Ms. Badney,

Thank you for your visit to the Camlin in Downtown Seattle, and for your kind comments on your room and the service you received. I am glad to hear you had a good visit and were able to enjoy the amenities in Seattle. I appreciate the feedback on the rooms and will be replacing the television since it is past its useful life.

Thanks again and please feel free to call on me if I can be of service to you in the future.

206-405-2600

Been to WorldMark Seattle at The Camlin? Share your experiences!