“Good Find” 4 of 5 stars

Description: 206-441-7017
cincinnati
“Good Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were looking to find a casual, reasonably priced, low key dinner on Saturday night while staying at the Hyatt Olive 8. Madhu was an easy walk from the hotel. We were very warmly greeted as soon as we arrived. The menu had the standard Indian dishes and we found the food to be quite good. We have our favorite Indian restaurant at home and found this to be at least as good if not even a little better. The nan are quite big. My son had a mango lassi that was recommended by the owner. Very tasty! The prices are very reasonable.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Excellent Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Easy walk from our hotel (Hyatt Place downtown) Sampled lots of different foods all were wonderful, but my favorite was the Chicken Korma.

Visited May 2011
Renton, Washington
“Solidly Good, but not Great Indian Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Our party of 3 went here for dinner earlier in the week because one of us is vegetarian and we thought this place could accomodate everyone's dining preferences. We were pleased with our choice.

Dinner started off with two of their Tandoori Breads:
- Saag Haan: Special naan cooked with spinach.
- Aloo Parantha: Whole wheat golden brown flat bread from the griddle stuffed with potato and light spice

I've been to a lot of Indian restaurants, and I feel pretty confident in saying the Saag Haan was the best tandoori bread I've ever had. It was warm, delicious, and a great way to start a meal.

We then followed that up with:

- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Bhartha
- Sheesh Kabab

I can safely say that each dish was what it should've been, meaning it hit the right flavor profile and was as tasty as expected. However that just means it met the standard but didn't exceed it.

The proprietor then brought each of us a Gulab Lamun as a complementary sweet treat to end the meal.

This is a solidly good, but not great Indian restaurant. I would go back again if I was in the neighborhood, but wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Visited January 2011